6 month supervised diet calorie intake problems

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/16/15 4:42 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Yes I agree that you just gave a very thoughtful and through reply.  Well said!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/16/15 1:52 pm

The PCP set the one pound a week goal in January and that's the information I plugged into MyFitnessPal to get a plan set up on it.  I think your suggestions are great ones.  I've been trying some of them the past three months but nothing consistent.  As far as motivation, some days I'm more motivated than others about surgery.  It ebbs and flows.  Part of me really wants to have it, and another part is afraid of failure.  I'm not sure it that is normal for everyone but it certainly follows a pattern in my life so it's normal for me.  It isn't something I can backpedal from or change direction once it's done, the options are over and the commitment is lifelong.  The only thing I've committed myself to for life is breathing. :)  This of course leads to sabotaging myself.  I need a good swift kick in the brain and I haven't given myself one yet.  But it's coming.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Pokemom
on 3/17/15 8:20 am, edited 3/17/15 8:45 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Well, I am sure you will figure out what is best for you. And I admire you for your tenacity and effort.  I think it is great that you are using MFP and being active on this forum--two tools I wish I had had in years past.

I am no expert.   I just know from experience how very hard it was for ME to lose consistently.  I struggled with weight since a small child.  I was strong and active, but overweight.  It got much much worse after I started having children.  I have been an overachiever in so many other aspects of my life, and I read and learned and tried to adopt better habits since my teen years.  I believed I would be one of the successful ones--that I would lose the weight because I would try so hard!  Finally, at age 50, I had to face it:  I was NOT being successful; I was gaining instead of losing; and I did not know what else I could do.  After a series of injuries, I saw my weight going up quickly.  I saw my health declining.  I saw my children growing up.  I saw photos of my children from years ago and felt such pain in my gut--like a punch in the stomach, really--as I realized that for so much of my children's lives, I had not been the active mom I always wanted to be.  When would I be that person?  Would they ever know me as that person?  How could I do it?  My own efforts had not been enough. 

I would never have considered WLS in years past, when I was doing all of my fitness stuff and thought I could do it if I just tried harder--I was proud and also afraid.  But I finally had to face facts:  I was getting worse; my options were more limited; I was dealing with chronic injury; I had not conquered the beast.  And WLS seemed the way to not just lose weight--but to regain some of what I had lost in the rest of my life.   I am so grateful for the WLS, and I hope I can make the choices I need to every day to be successful long-term.

Best to you!

Pokemom
on 3/17/15 8:20 am
RNY on 12/29/14
Modest_Phoenix
on 3/17/15 1:34 pm

The very best to you too. Thank you for sharing your story.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49