cesarean section moms

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/15 1:59 pm

How would you compare your pain to lap vsg/rny? Did you need to take your post op meds? I had a real hard time with my first cesarean, but the last one was a breeze, went straight to Target after getting discharged and didn't need my pain meds. 

NYMom222
on 3/13/15 2:40 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I had a c-section.... I don't know if I can relate it to it... everyone is different. That being said, I had my surgery on Wednesday, went home on Friday, took one pain med that night and that was it. The next day took some Tylenol but then after that nothing. Laid low for the weekend and then had a doc appt on Monday and started driving after the appointment. Could have actually driven on Sunday, as the instruction was just to wait 24hrs after the last pain pill, but I didn't feel like it. By one week I didn't even feel like I had surgery except for getting tired in the afternoons for a couple of weeks. I think people who have gall bladder or hernia at the same time have a longer recovery... but I didn't have either.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Angie2015
on 3/14/15 12:22 am

I found the recovery from vsg way less then my c-section which I also found easy. I was sore after vsg for the two days in hospital then I was fine. :) no pain meds after the first two days in hospital. 

Kiwideb
on 3/14/15 6:07 am
VSG on 01/19/15
Less, but then my c section was an emergency and I had a 12pd1oz baby... There really wasn't an option for that being at all comfortable!
TheNewT
on 3/15/15 10:45 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Recovery from VSG was a piece of low sugar cake compared to the C-section. This is speaking in terms of pain and moving around. I had no complications with either surgery.

This is funny b/c I asked the same question at my support group b/4 my surgery to gauge the pain I was in for. The ladies were absolutely right when they told me the VSG was/is easier.

Best of luck to ya!

Pokemom
on 3/16/15 1:33 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I had a c section, and the RNY.  I also had a hysterectomy in there somewhere!

Definitely, the c section and the lap hysterectomy were MUCH harder recoveries than the lap RNY. After  both the c section and the hysterectomy, I felt a lot of lower abdominal pain, especially when moving.  Those two surgeries really affected that core muscle area of my body, so just things like sitting up in bed, getting into bed, rolling over in bed, getting into or out of a chair/toilet--that kind of thing--was very hard.  I had NONE  of that kind of pain after the RNY.

i did have some back pain after the RNY.  Also, my pain in the hospital after the RNY, for about 12-24 hours, was higher than with the CSection.  I have had some sharp intermittent pains in my upper abdomen since the RNY.  I also feel I have had more fatigue after the RNY. But I am also much older now, and was less healthy overall when I had the RNY than when I had the c section.  

From reading other posts about this, I do think it is different for each person.  For me, in general, the challenges of the RNY have been more in adapting to the new habits than in dealing with pain. 

Kathy S.
on 3/16/15 1:40 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi S.C.

Post this on the Pregnancy after Weight Loss Surgery too.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Tracy D.
on 3/16/15 3:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My VSG was way, way easier than either of my C-sections.  I had VSG on Friday, home on Sunday, driving and running errands on Tuesday.  Never needed pain meds after getting home.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15