ouch!

shorty85
on 3/11/15 1:23 pm

I was sleeved last Tuesday 3-3-15.  Im home and have just completed i full week of liquids only.  Doing Great!....walking a total of an hour a day, getting my protein in and starting vitamins tomorrow...getting all my fluids in! only pesky thing is this BIG incision feels like fire if I move an inch.....any help on this??? I live such a busy life is kinds dragon me down.... Upside? IVE LOST 15 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK!

Poodlemac
on 3/11/15 2:03 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I had pain in the left-most incision. Doc said it was completely normal and to be expected!  Lasted a few weeks. 

NikkyBeauty
on 3/11/15 5:42 pm, edited 3/11/15 5:43 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

That  incision can be pretty bothersome, I'm three weeks post op and mines still hurts at time! But doctors says its normal and one thing that  irritate's it is too much movement!  I know you're a busy person but your body just had a surgery and it's recovering so you have to rest, slow down a little, and let your body heal. When we start feeling better we start to do more and then definitely irritates it so take it easy, you'll find the pain will lessen on its own! But congrats and welcome to the other side!!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

White Dove
on 3/12/15 1:12 am - Warren, OH

My surgeon told me to take Celebrex for that incision pain.  He felt that the relief from pain outweighed the risk of ulcers.  He prescribed one week, and it only took two days and the pain was gone. 

I have a friend who insisted her back pain was too unbearable without Celebrex and she ended up with ulcers.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/15 2:22 am
RNY on 05/04/15

My friend who had VSG in December still has pain in that incision. That one hurts the most because that's the one they pulled 85% of your stomach out through...that poor little incision basically gave birth to an entire organ!  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/12/15 2:44 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Is the incision red, swollen, or tender? If so you may want to call your surgeon to make sure it's not infected.

Otherwise, it's fairly normal to be sore; my lower abdomen (especially just to the right of my bellybutton) was very sore, like I'd done a bunch of sit-ups, for a few weeks. My surgeon said that's where the most complicated surgical knot is, and it sometimes takes a bit longer to heal.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

shorty85
on 3/14/15 11:58 am

Thank you all!!! I'll keep at it!!!