I'm so ashamed!

Eggface
on 3/11/15 4:41 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Believe me Dr's have heard it all... it's OK to say, "I thought I had this but I guess I don't, help me" 

Create a team... Dr, dietitian, therapist, support groups in person & here, family & friends to help. Obesity is a chronic disease and requires chronic treatment... they know this. Never be ashamed to ask for help.

Sending you best wishes,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/11/15 9:08 am, edited 3/12/15 5:47 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

We had surgery on the same day  

Do NOT feel horrible or you will just spiral downward.  You are looking to fix your problem - that's why you came here.  I applaud you for that.  And I can't imagine that I would have been successful having a sleeve at your age.  It's a life changing situation and if you're not mentally prepared, it can be quite a challenge.  Do not be ashamed to go back to your doctor.  They see this all the time.  It's better to ask for help than to keep burying your head in the sand.

I would suggest that you head on over to the VSG forum and read the thread entitled "Whatcha Eating Today VGSers?" for food ideas.  The first step is to get back to basics:

Eat 80 grams of mostly DENSE protein per day

Limit carbs (30-40 grams per day)

Drink at least 80 ounces of water per day

Start WALKING!  Even small amounts of exercise will head you in the right direction.

If you need food ideas, check out Eggface's website.  She has many simple recipes that don't take a lot of time or ingredients to make.

Consider getting therapy or joining a support group to keep you grounded.  Unless we deal with the reasons why we overeat, they will continue to plague us throughout our lives.   

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/11/15 10:55 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I just wanted to say that you have posted something that tells me you can be successful -- and you may only be 20, but a lot of older more "mature" people don't do what you've done:  accepted responsibility.  You made no excuses -- you admitted that you aren't doing well, your diet is bad and you aren't working out. 

You know what is great about that?  You have identified the problem.  That means, you can fix it!!  

You've gotten a lot of great advice here.  I hope that you stop feeling ashamed.  If it were easy to do, none of us would have ever needed a surgical tool.  I believe in you.  I hope you can start believing in yourself, too!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat