did you like water pre-op?

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/15 2:58 am

But have a problem with it post-op? I've been trying all sorts of sugar free drinks and all of them are just gross, I just want to try drinking water but some say they have problems drinking it plain, did this happen to you? 

MyLady Heidi
on 3/13/15 3:06 am

I have always been a big water drinker, I hate burping so soda was never my friend, I drank bottled water since the day it came out I think.  I add lemon and ice to water when I drink it now.  I don't add all those chemicals from the artificial stuff that is just terrible for you.  I never had an issue with water right from the start.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/13/15 3:46 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Drink whatever you like and can keep down-- plain water is fabulous! 

If you don't like sugar-free stuff, you can also try decaf tea, lemon, or other fruits. I like cucumber slices in mine, freeze them and they make really good ice cubes!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/15 3:53 am

There are so many herbal teas out there also. You don't have to add any artificial sugar to them. When I started out I liked warm eat  now I like them cold. So we do change over time. 

thallnc
on 3/13/15 4:02 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

Since surgery, I found that I like just plain water at room temperature. Before surgery I liked it with ice.

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/13/15 5:18 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I prefer warm room temperature, not cold.  I tried adding all types of mixes to water to make it more palatable.  The only thing I haven't burned out on is Mio Berry Pomegranate.  I think it works for me because it's not sweet, has just a little tartness, and I don't have to add much.  I also have become addicted to Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

MAchick
on 3/14/15 12:10 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

These are two of my faves!

My two favorite go-to's are lemonade/pink lemonade and iced tea mix, sugar free. I drink them when I'm in a rut. Love it ice cold!

Tracy D.
on 3/13/15 5:42 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I had no problem drinking plain water before and had no problems with it afterward.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Poodlemac
on 3/14/15 1:35 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I'm 5 mos out and just now getting to where I can drink water with no problems/pain. I've only drank water and coffee for years so it's been an adjustment. Strangely, I can drink Crystal light raspberry lemonade with no problems. It was the only non-coffee drink I could tolerate for months. No idea what that's about!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/15/15 11:59 am - OH

I have never been able to drink much water unless it is ice cold (or hot for tea or hot chocolate) and it was the same way right after surgery.  Lukewarm water, even flavored,makes me really queasy.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.