4 days post op

shakeitoff
on 3/12/15 4:43 am
VSG on 03/09/15

Well I sure didn't expect to be down this long.  Surgery was Monday.  Took me a while to get my legs back before I could leave.  We stayed in a hotel 2 miles away from the DR office overnight.  (Dr. orders).  During the night one of my incisions opened and bled through all the bedding.  So my daughter(whose an RN) called the DR and he said see what it looks like in the morning.  So Tuesday morning something cold on my night shirt woke me up.  More blood.  All through the bedding once again.  So we  got up and headed to DR. office.  He was not in,  The nurses didn't even want to look at it.  So they sent me to the closest ER. (they just took the dressing off and recovered it.( 3 hours later)  No bleeding since.  The Dr wanted us to stay in Cincinnati over night but my husband and daughter both had to get to work. So we came home.  I was surprised I was only sick once I drank to large a gulp of water with some medication.  My incisions don't bother me either.  My worst pain was my right shoulder (Monday night was terrible).  I have never had that with any surgeries in the past.  So the last 2 days which were Wednesday and Thursday I have been battling a headache. I get up, sip sip, walk,walk and back to bed.  I didn't know I could sleep so much.  I feel kind of wobbly yet.  So no showers or walking outside the house till someone is home to help me should I pass out or fall.  I go back to the Dr on the 16th. Hopefully I feel more like normal by then.

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/12/15 5:05 am

Everyone heals differently.  Sounds like you're having a rough time with it all.  I hope your recovery from this point on is smooth sailing.  Wishing you all the best.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

NikkyBeauty
on 3/12/15 8:13 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Sorry your having such a rough time But it's gets better so hang on in there! 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Thebiggestloser
on 3/12/15 10:19 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Your surgeons office sound like jerks. Remember you paid them for a service. Don't always take no for an answer. I know how the offices work, I work for one!

Valerie G.
on 3/13/15 12:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You're expecting WAY too much of yourself.  We talk about it so casually here, but this is a major surgery, so don't make light of it.  It took 6 weeks for me to start feeling like myself again.  Right now you have a full-time job to get in 64oz of fluids in any way, shape or form.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 3/13/15 5:51 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

That shoulder pain tends to be the anesthesia gas that gets trapped - heating pads work wonders on that!  

I hope you can rest up this weekend and get lots of TLC.  I promise you that every week gets a little better :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15