liquid diet

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/15 12:15 pm

Besides the protein shakes and broth, what other liquids did you have? How much did you lose? My doc says I can easily lose 15lbs in two weeks, wow!

Michele H.
on 3/10/15 8:58 am - NJ

Vitamin Water Zero, decaf coffee and tea, water, water and more water.  I lost 10 pounds in 14 days pre-op.

Michele

JennyMcC
on 3/13/15 3:59 am
VSG on 02/25/15

I am unclear from your post if you are POST op  or pre op.  If you are on CLEAR liquids ONLY some of my suggestions may not meet your surgeons rules.  You can get the isopure pre made drinks (they have them at GNC), for my plan this counted as a CLEAR LIQUID and also toward my FLUID AND my protein so it was GREAT to be able to 'kill two birds w/ one stone'.  I have not had it, but many like the 'grape frost' flavor.  Unjury makes a 'chicken broth' that is full of protein.  I found that helpful.  Something I think people do not talk about much is the 'unflavored' protein powders.  I personally really like a product called Beneprotein (get it on amazon).  I add this to different things, including sugar free jello.  I was allowed to have Sugar free jello and sugar free popsicles on the 'clear liquid' phase too, but please follow your docs instructions.   (when you advance to the puree stage , you can add the beneprotein to Sugar free pudding too!) 

I found my pre op clear liquid list - here are some of their ideas (that were OK w/ my surgeon)

Decaf coffee, Sugar Free jello, SF popsicles, Sugar Free kool aid, Propel, Crystal Light, Isopure, Mio Liquid water enhancer, Powered zero.  and it states "Non carbonated, caffeine-free, sugar free liquids w/ LESS than 5 calories per serving.  

Hope this helps

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/15 4:22 am

Sorry, my post wasn't clear, I'm preop right now and I like drinking water and not too crazy about the low calorie drinks listed on my preop/postop liquid diet list, I'm hoping I won't have any problems with plain water and wanted to know for those who liked water preop if it became a problem drinking plain water postop, thank you for your suggestions!

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/15 11:06 pm

Hi! I know that clear water can help you. You must drink about 2L in a day. No gas and no sugar water.

David147
on 4/22/15 5:57 pm

If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more. Bottom 
line: 1,050 to 1,200 calories and one hour of exercise a day (but be sure not to dip 
below this calorie level for safety's sake). On this type of plan, you can expect to 
lose 3-5 pounds the first week. 

Check out those websites below. They have many helpful tips. Hope that helps. :)