Shocked when I went to buy a new pair of jeans!

Maureen H.
on 3/5/15 9:29 am
VSG on 10/30/14

Went shopping for a new pair of jeans. The girl asked me what size I was. I told her 12/14. She measured my waist and handed me a size 8. I told her there was no way those were going to fit. She handed me the size 10 just to make me feel better. I put the 10s on and they were saggy. I put the 8 on and wham, perfect fit. I almost died. It is a great relief to put on a size 8 after being a size 20/22 for so long! 

Kiwideb
on 3/5/15 10:29 am
VSG on 01/19/15

I'm eagerly awaiting that day! I think that must have been a nice little surprise that totally made your day, congratulations! 

coop1977
on 3/5/15 10:54 am - Canada

How awesome!  Congrats! 

Dr. Ramos Kelly .... Jan.13, 2015

Nich_R
on 3/5/15 1:25 pm

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Nichole

Willie H.
on 3/6/15 4:14 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Yep, and the amazing part is that many of us when we get on a long stall don't realize that we may still be losing inches! I've been bemoaning the fact that in the last two months I've only lost about 9 lbs, yet that is still about a lb each week! But even more so I know I have lost inches.

Went into Walmart the other day and bought some 2X golf shirts. Saw a really nice casual dress shirt there on sale for just $3.00 but it was a 1X. Figured I would buy it and hope to wear it by the Spring/Summer. Got up the next morning, figure I would try it on to see how far away i was from fitting it and to my surprise it buttoned ALL the way down, kind of snug but not tight. So while the scale may not be saying much, I am losing and reapportioning my weight on my body, muscle is more dense than fat. Yes, it is a great relief and I look forward to when I will not have to pay the $2.00 extra for the X-large sizes!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

zann50
on 3/6/15 7:39 am

it is so true...stop with the daily weighing and try on clothes!  i was compulsive about the numbers until everyone convinced me to stop and start with clothes in smaller sizes and every few days try them on.  esp pants with a waist and zipper.  my mental health has way improved!  i no longer sabotage my day with disappointment in a number from a small, silly device that only gives me numbers as the way to judge my progress.

consignment shops are my new best friend...i bring in clothes and i am able to cheaply leave with smaller sizes!  may they be there t/o my weight loss journey.