Doctors Are Not Kidding " NO INSAIDS POST OP"

poet_kelly
on 3/4/15 3:47 am - OH

The reason they advise against NSAIDS is due to the risk of ulcers.  But I would rather have an ulcer than a heart attack, so I'd take asprin if needed.

How would aspirin cause lock jaw, though?  I don't think that has anything to do with NSAIDS or WLS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

huskergalWsD
on 3/4/15 7:41 am

I know everyone thinks  I am off the wall. I don't come here and make up things. Sorry you all don't comprehend this. I  take an 81 mg. baby aspirin and my jaw locks up. Ok maybe not the right word again. Maybe its called TMJ .. Either way I cant open my mouth every time I take an aspirin. My cardiologist assured me it was safe even as a Wls person. I will ask my wls surgeon from now on. I try to put my trust in these doctors just like I try to put all my trust in these Mechanics that keep ripping me off. What a story I could tell you about that ..But its not related to wls so I wont.

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/4/15 9:12 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Just because two things happen at the same time doesn't mean that they're related. Example:

Yes, your jaw locks when you take asprin. Maybe it's because of the time of day. Maybe it's because of something else you're taking finally hitting your system at that time. Maybe it's just a completely random coincidence that has happened two or three times and you're convinced it always is/was that way.

All I can say is that the medical research I've dug through doesn't make any connection between asprin and jaw issues. And I would hope that if there WAS one, the information would be out there.

But I'm not a doctor. And nobody else here is either. So why bother asking us?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

KathyA999
on 3/4/15 9:28 am

Many years ago, in my teens, I developed an allergic reaction to aspirin - hives and joint swelling.  In my case it was my knees that stiffened up.  My dad had the same allergy and reaction. I quit taking aspiring for decades.  These days I don't seem to have the reaction, but I don't take much aspirin, got out of the habit.

You may be having an allergic reaction.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.