WLS Psyc Evaluation

Sabyan2060
on 3/6/15 2:03 am - Belton, TX

I just got my psyc evaluation to take and don't want to mess up and write the wrong thing. Anyone know what would get you denied?  What not to write to pass?

Cathy W.
on 3/6/15 4:46 am

I didn't have to take a written psych eval.  I talked with the doc about the surgery, my medical and obesity history, my goals, and the eating and exercise.  She wrote a report about my session with her and that was it.

Answer the eval test honestly.  If you don't pass, then you'd want to know so you could address the reason for not passing.  I'd rather know before than after I had surgery if there was an issue I needed to work on pre-op.

The eval is to make sure a pre-op is ready, fully informed on what will be required to do as a post-op and to detect any issues.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Maria27
on 3/6/15 5:59 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I agree with Cathy. I did not take a written evaluation either. This is not a test to find out if you know the correct answers. I strongly encourage you to answer honestly. You do not want to have wls and then struggle later because you hid something that will hinder your progress. The evaluation is to help you be as successful as possible. Wls does not fix your brain.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132