Celebrating goal.

Dakinbar Yes
on 2/28/15 11:19 am
VSG on 05/07/14

I am kind of almost at goal with just over 30lbs to go. Starting out I had over 170lbs so the finish line feels close. 

How Did you celebrate reaching goal? Or how do you plan on celebrating reaching goal? 

HW 309lb  CW 186 1/9/2015  GW 136     31yr old Female, 5ft3

Doublewide66
on 2/28/15 12:30 pm
RNY on 03/13/15

Congrats keep up the great work 

The Salty Hag
on 2/28/15 2:26 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Congrats on being so close! 

I'd planned to celebrate by buying myself a certain brand of purse that I'd wanted for a few years now, but jumped the gun and bought it a few months before I reached goal. ( It was 70% off...I couldn't resist. I knew I'd never find another brand new one at that price again. ) 

Of course, I also "celebrate" Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. by buying purses. 

I still haven't bought myself an official "at goal" gift...hmmm. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

JfromLA
on 2/28/15 3:43 pm
VSG on 09/01/14

I plan to buy a new car, since before the surgery I didn't fit in most cars.

VSG 09/01/2014 HW 550 SW 550 CW 272 GW 170

Modest_Phoenix
on 2/28/15 5:35 pm

Congratulations on being so close to goal.  I haven't even met with the surgeon yet (still having difficulty getting a referral from my PCP)  so I haven't thought much about celebrating meeting goals for weight loss.  However when I finished my MS degree I gave myself a gift of the Harry Potter book set.  It's one of the few set of books that I will read from beginning to end over and over.  I also promised myself that I wouldn't read anything academic for a full year.  I made it pretty close to a year on that one.  I started reading academic sources when I started researching WLS in January, so 11 months of not reading anything academic was close enough for me.  Anyway, good luck on reaching goal.  Let us know what you decide to do.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Kate -True Brit
on 2/28/15 6:35 pm - UK

I bought myself a ridiculously expensive (for me!) long soft leather coat in a US size 8.  Keeps me on track as it is fitted and so just a few pounds makes it too tight!! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kathkeb
on 3/1/15 5:43 am

While I was losing, I attended Weigh****chers ... And there, when you get to your goal weight, you get a little "key" charm.

When you get to Lifetime, you start to attend meetings for free .....so, I bought myself a Pandora bracelet with the first charm being a heart with a "keyhole" in it.

Then, each month that I maintained my weight, I bought a new charm.  Instead if paying for WW, I went shopping for charms.  I did that for about a year ... And now that bracelet is a permanent reminder of my success.

Kath

kathkeb
on 3/1/15 5:44 am

While I was losing, I attended Weigh****chers ... And there, when you get to your goal weight, you get a little "key" charm.

When you get to Lifetime, you start to attend meetings for free .....so, I bought myself a Pandora bracelet with the first charm being a heart with a "keyhole" in it.

Then, each month that I maintained my weight, I bought a new charm.  Instead if paying for WW, I went shopping for charms.  I did that for about a year ... And now that bracelet is a permanent reminder of my success.

Kath

Dakinbar Yes
on 3/1/15 11:38 am
VSG on 05/07/14

Good ideas, thanks! I was thinking of maybe a Tiffany necklace, something a bit delicate :)

A cute woollen coat sounds nice too, although where I live it doesn't really get cold enough for a woollen coat.

Clothes maybe, but then if I lose more weight or put some back on that could be a waste of money. Maybe I will just cross everything off my wants list in one go, and get a fitbit, some new running shoes, a dexa scan, new fitness clothes, some nice clothes, some pretty bras.... BUY ALL THE THINGS!

HW 309lb  CW 186 1/9/2015  GW 136     31yr old Female, 5ft3

Ihearttennis
on 3/1/15 8:53 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

When I reached my goal my husband carried me over our threshold, which he certainly couldn't do on our wedding day.  I didn't buy anything memorable but I did go to one of the best hairstylists in the city and spent a small fortune on a makeover.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford