Gastric Sleeve Surgery - How Much Time Off Work?

Adele8148
on 2/28/15 11:54 am

Thank you very much for your response.   I greatly appreciate your feedback!

David F.
on 2/28/15 9:57 am - Henderson, NV

I had surgery on a Monday and returned to work that next Tuesday, I have a desk job as well. I did notice I was tired a lot. If you can afford it, take off two weeks. I could have but I was so bored at home I just took one. Now looking back I should have taken two weeks but oh well. 

Daveo

Surgery: Feb 9, 2015   HW: 517SW: 467

Adele8148
on 2/28/15 10:18 am

Thanks so much for your response.   I sincerely appreciate your feedback!   :-)

Valerie G.
on 2/28/15 9:17 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

OMG, what are they thinking?  While some return to work quickly, others take a few weeks just to shake off the anesthesia fog.  If your job requires any critical thinking, I would push back on that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Adele8148
on 2/28/15 11:28 pm

Thank you very much for your response.  Your feedback is sincerely appreciated!

Thebiggestloser
on 2/28/15 10:26 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

That's way to soon. I was out ten days and I couldn't have gone back at day four AND I had a smooth surgery and no complications. 

Tealeyes
on 3/2/15 11:44 am
VSG on 11/12/14

I think al lot depends on  your age too....I am 66 and I needed the whole three weeks for sure!!  but I do see a lot of people have gome back after two weeks and seem to do just fine...I do think four days is way too soon...just sayin

Nadiasopocy
on 7/8/20 9:54 am - Dallas, TX

Congratulations on your surgery, here is to it being a success. I am nterested in hearing how it went and if you thought 4 days was enough? Also how tge surgery went for you.

I was listening to someone on YouTube claiming that if you do your preop diet well and the greater you shrink the liver and core body fat the faster the recovery. It seems like such a hunt in peck to find the ideal set up.