Disney ???

kokosuggs
on 2/25/15 1:44 pm

Im trying to find out info about Disney...is it cheaper to stay on campus or outside?  do u trust travel agency?  bc they have to make a profit somewhere... so how can they give u a deal?  

any info would be appreciated  :) 

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/15 2:51 pm

Hello,

What kind of deals you looking exactly? my one of the friend is their regular guest, If I can help you in any sense.

White Dove
on 2/25/15 4:44 pm - Warren, OH

The cheap way is to stay at a timeshare company and then sit in on a sales presentation.  Two weeks ago we had a large two bedroom condo in a beautiful park that includes four heated swimming pools, tennis courts, outdoor grills and they included four days of Disney passes.  We stayed seven days, two adults and two children and paid $1,900.00 total and were ten minutes from the main entrance.

The trick is not to get crazy and buy the timeshare.  Prices are lowest in February.  Google timeshares at Disney

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 2/27/15 12:27 am

We got crazy and bought into the vacation club.

We love it!  Our vacation club was our honeymoon cruise.

We belong to the Marriott vacation club

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

chris_ruff
on 2/26/15 3:51 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

are you talking about orlando or anaheim? if its orlando, you can get really cheap deals at the westgate resort chain (i think its also a timeshare). they have a few locations in easy driving distance and renting a car in orlando is fairly cheap in my experience. you can find them here.

i think costs start to make a difference depending how long you stay too. if you plan to be there for an extended time (7 days or more), then you may find a better deal staying on campus since they offer transportation and meal packages. 

also, i think costco travel is pretty great and they have disney deals here. you may have to be a member, but i'm not sure.

good luck and have fun!

--Christina
Hislady
on 2/26/15 5:08 am - Vancouver, WA

Travel agents often get deals that aren't offered to the general public also.

Valerie G.
on 2/26/15 6:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm sure there are lots of ways to save money on Disney, but nothing maches the complete experience of staying on the property and all of the perks that go along with it.  Their level of detail and service is immeasurable to any place you've ever been.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

kokosuggs
on 2/26/15 10:42 am

Thanks everyone..I'm going to check it out  :)

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

tstowe
on 2/26/15 8:50 pm

We went a few years ago to Disney World for Halloween and stayed in their campground.

HANDS-DOWN the best bathrooms of any campground I have ever seen.

Campground is great. Movies at night for the kids. Shuttle buses take you anywhere in the campground. You ride a ferry from the campground to the front gate of the park! It gets you closer than the monorail.

Cheapest way to go.

tstowe
on 2/26/15 8:51 pm