I'm freaking out

TashRobinson
on 3/1/15 8:06 pm

Hey hun. Dont worry about it. I think its totally normal to have the jitters.

I know i do . Just try to keep your mind occupied with other things. This will pass.

Cant wait to hear how your feel after.

Time to take back my life

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 4:16 am

THANK YOU!! So sweet xo../deb

momsy55
on 3/2/15 3:11 am - ME

Check with your program if it's ok, but I was able to have plain greek yogurt (that was considered a liquid) that I added instant sugar free pudding mix to, which thickens it up and tastes great!  It was a bit more satisfying than just liquids and protein shakes.  I also had some creamy soups with the solid contents strained out, which were also a bit more satisfying.  It is difficult, but gets easier after 3-4 days.  I was so afraid of doing something that could increase the risks of the surgery, I kept that in the forefront of my mind to get me through the difficult spots.  You'll do great!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 4:15 am

I am teary from all the helpful suggestions...really, from the support. No one else would understand. I really have told almost no one and am generally not great at asking for help. I will ask about Greek yogurt. Thanks!!./deb

CGCL
on 3/2/15 5:10 am
RNY on 02/19/15

A lot of people love sf Popsicles at this stage too. I bought some Popsicle molds too but haven't tried them yet bc it's too cold!

Height: 6'0" HW 5/2013 295. Consult 7/29/14 275. SW 261. RNY 2/19/15. M1:-33! M2:-13.5. M3:-12. M4:-10.8. M5:-9.7. M6:-5. M7: -4.5. Pregnant 8/15-5/16. 10 weeks post partum: 173.

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 8:47 am
Just bought some Popsicles today!! Thanks Now the big challenge will be finding protein drinks I can tolerate. :)
JennyMcC
on 3/2/15 5:49 am
VSG on 02/25/15

I had my surgery 5 days ago.  I had to do the pre op diet (like most people) and it really WAS difficult.  Just keep telling yourself, "This too shall pass".  It is only temporary.  Chances are once you have the surgery you won't be hungry, at least not PHYSICALLY hungry.  I found it helpful to remind myself that sticking as closely as possible to the pre op diet increased my chances of a surgery that would be free of any 'complications'.  That motivated me to stay on track with it.  I used the time before surgery to READ and RESEARCH.  I started a little cookbook (3 ring binder) of protein shake recipes that I thought looked yummy that I could use while I was recovering.  YOU CAN DO THIS!!!  This is your chance to make yourself healthier!  Keep reading the posts here and it will help you!  Good luck and keep us updated!

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 8:48 am
Wow!! 5 days post op...congratulations!! How do you feel?
beenielady
on 3/2/15 6:11 am

I'm on Day 1 of my 10 day diet.  So far, it's not too bad.  Good luck with yours!

DeborahMc
on 3/2/15 8:49 am
Woohoo!! We'll do it together!!