Struggle with clothes...

mia97478
on 3/3/15 10:28 am

I'm planning to alter my old clothes to fit my body as I lose weight. I'm looking forward to shopping for new clothes as well, so to make room  I'm going to pick my favorite pieces to keep/alter and donate the rest. 

Dr. Colin MacColl, Springfield Oregon- pending surgery

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/3/15 10:45 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I can alter mine about a size or two and then - it's time for new - either from the back of my closet or a store.  Best of luck to all.

Sharon

chevtow41
on 3/3/15 11:13 am
DS on 11/11/14

I agree with you, I have clothes in my closet barely worn, but some are sizes I'm coming down to now. So at least I can wear them for a bit on my "weigh" (hee-hee) down. I will give some to my dad who is a big guy *****fuses to have surgery, many of the dress clothes I will donate to a local shelter so homeless/down on their luck men can have nice clothes for job interviews, the rest I will give to whichever charity I decide will use them best. I won't sell/consign them because I've been incredibly fortunate in life (other than my weight), so why not try and pay it forward and possibly make a difference in someone else's life? Makes me feel good twice about losing weight - sounds sappy but hey.....

Pokemom
on 3/3/15 11:28 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I have a few things I will be sad to give away.  One is a sweater I am wearing right now!  I assume that, like other things, soon it will just hang wrong and make me feel like I look yucky.  But I like it so much I am thinking of buying it in a smaller size, if I can find it.  But how to know what size to buy?  I think most things, though, remind me of feeling fat, so it is like I have a vomit feeling toward them now.  Yes, I wrote "vomit feeling."  And who wants to wear vomit, even expensive vomit?

As for the seeing $$$$$ question:  I do see that.  I have seen that as I have cleaned out my closet, too, because I have had to spend a lot of money to get nice-looking clothing in large sizes.  More than the money, though, I see TIME--all the time I had to spend to find something that actually looked good.  And I have a little fear:  what if I can't dress my new body well?  That is a silly fear, of course, but it is the fear of the unknown.  That is why it is hard to let the known things go.

NtgsMommy
on 3/3/15 11:43 am

I just filled two  boxes of clothes..I know the feeling..my drawers are empty and so are my shelves.  My fear is weight regain....I am keeping them in case I regain the weight....