How do you keep up with everything? Im getting overwhelmed and I dont even have a surgery...

Kara D.
on 2/28/15 3:31 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I don't have a surgery date yet, I am waiting on insurance approval. I know the RNY is the surgery to best fit my needs. Now I am scared about keeping with the program after surgery. I am getting overwhelmed. Does it get easier after surgery? I have been trying to follow a diet of higher protein, drinking 64 oz of water, exercising, taking the vitamins that I will/do need to stay health....  ! Does that overwhelmed feeling go away? I am not weak willed, just worried. How do others deal with these feelings? I am not talking myself out of surgery, it the going to be the best health decision I make, I am confident it is. How do you guys stay organized and balanced and not feel to be a slave to the post-surgery life?

Gwen M.
on 2/28/15 3:59 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My calendar is my bff.  :)  

For me, it did get easier after surgery and it feels more natural now.  This is my lifestyle.  This is just how my life is.  Pre-op, I was always running around and going to appointments and researching.  But now, this is just the way life is.  

I also started seeing a therapist pre-op and I still see her every week.  She's a very important part of my team and helps a lot with the mental challenges that come along with this process.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/28/15 4:06 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Don't sweat the post surgery too much because the most stressful part of surgery is getting ready for it... Focus on the prerequisites first they are the most important. followup with your surgeons office about the insurance approval, make sure that they have everything they need from you as far as all your tests are concerned... Make sure you keep researching all of the variables of RNY... Once you get your surgery it will be just focusing on getting all your required water and protein, and over time it will get better... I won't tell you it will get easier because everything has challenges but if you do everything your surgeon tells you to then you will find the end to your rainbow... I wish you great success in this Kara...

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

Kara D.
on 2/28/15 4:34 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Thanks Jeff. My husband has been telling me similar things, I have to trust my instincts.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/28/15 8:32 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I make a lot of lists, I'm in trouble if I don't write everything down!

Myfitnesspal is a great resource, lots of people here use it. You can track the protein and calories you're getting, check off your water, track exercise, and make a note when you take your vitamins. After all this time, I sort of feel lost WITHOUT it!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 2/28/15 8:04 pm - Warren, OH

For me it is much easier.  I am never hungry and I can only eat a small amount at one time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends