Help

mcrichardson
on 2/26/15 12:34 pm

I am currently on the soft food diet, and I am struggling.  The reason I am having such a hard time is that I rarely feel hungry and yet I need to get 60 to 80 grams of protein in each day. Should I be eating even if I do not feel hungry?  This seems counter productive to me.  Thanks 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/26/15 12:46 pm - OH

It may be quite some time before you feel hungry... Several months... So, yes, you absolutely need to eat even if you aren't hungry.  

If you don't get enough protein you could lose a significant amount of muscle.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NYMom222
on 2/26/15 3:05 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Ditto... yes you need to eat anyway...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/26/15 6:25 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

It's not counterproductive - over eating is counter productive. Eating to fuel your body exactly what it needs is just smart eating and what we all should be doing. So yeah, eat even if you are not hungry and eat the right stuff to get all your nutrients in.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

White Dove
on 2/26/15 9:12 pm - Warren, OH

My hunger never came back.  You need to plan your meals and eat even when you are not hungry.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cathy W.
on 2/26/15 11:51 pm

Protein is a must even if you aren't hungry.  Protein shakes are a double win because you get the protein you need plus the liquid as well.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

hollykim
on 2/27/15 12:05 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 26, 2015 at 8:34 PM Pacific Time, mcrichardson wrote:

I am currently on the soft food diet, and I am struggling.  The reason I am having such a hard time is that I rarely feel hungry and yet I need to get 60 to 80 grams of protein in each day. Should I be eating even if I do not feel hungry?  This seems counter productive to me.  Thanks 

my hunger has never returned in the 7 years I have had my surgery. I can count on one hand the times I have been hungry.

if you don't eat,you will die. Simple as that.

it is now a matter of "eating to live"not " living to eat". You don't have to like it or want to eat and it doesn't matter if it doesn't sound " appealing" ,you just do it. I eat many times when it is those to eat and don't really want what I am eating,but I do want to live.