Sharp pain with deep breaths

Angie2015
on 2/25/15 6:25 am

I am three weeks out and started getting sharp stabbing pain in the Center below my rib cage. Hurts more when I take a deep breath. Anyone had this before?? 

zann50
on 2/25/15 6:38 am

Pain and shortness of breath may equal blood clots.  Always best to check with your doctor. 

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/25/15 7:08 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

If it continues go see your doctor right away, you don't want to take any chances with this. I had a similar pain at my pouch and just to be safe went to the ER they checked for leakage fortunately there was none but I am glad I went because it could have been something serious... stay safe... 

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

Nic M
on 2/25/15 8:05 am

If you had your surgery done laparoscopically, oftentimes your diaphragm will become irritated by the CO2 gas used to "blow out" the abdominal cavity. Sometimes the pain you're describing starts right away and other times you might experience it as you're healing. It's best to contact your surgeon to be on the safe side. But I did have sharp, stabbing pain from my Lap Band surgery... mostly due to Vagus nerve damage. The nerve runs through the diaphragm and into the top portion of the stomach. It can be affected and it may take a bit to heal up.

Take care. Hope you feel better really soon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Valerie G.
on 2/25/15 8:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Err on the side of caution and call the doc.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

toritrue
on 2/25/15 10:46 am

Which surgery did you have?  Sometimes it is the healing and scar tissue.  Other times, it could be something you should discuss with your doctor.  Do you have any other symptoms?  Can you eat, swallow, is your food staying down?  Any back pain?  If you have any of these, you should talk to your doctor.

Angie2015
on 2/25/15 12:12 pm

I had the vsg. No other symptoms and it seems to feel better after I lat down and have a nap. I have sent a message to my surgeon so waiting to hear back. I think I might be just doing to much closer and maybe it has caught up to me. I'll see how it goes and what I hear back. I have no other symptoms at all. I have been feeling great up until this new thing started happening. 

Thanks for all the input :)