Meeting Dr this week!

coolerjewel
on 2/23/15 10:01 am

hello everyone, I am brand new here.  I have had my 3 hr orientation appt back in end of Oct to learn what the surgery is all about.  I am going tomorrow ( Tues ) to meet  Dr Huynh.  I am not sure what to expect at this meeting?  Can anyone possibly help with what i may expect and how long it can be?  Thanks for your help.   Sending out healing vibes to anyone have surgery soon!

Mary Gee
on 2/23/15 1:40 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
It really varies.... He will probably take a history of your health issues and ask about your past weight loss attempts. Then he will probably explain the different surgeries to you, and explain his program requirements such as seeing nutritionist, psychologist, having sleep apnea treating, etc. Some programs have additional requirements. ............ Have you contacted your insurer to confirm coverage and find out their requirements? Some require a six month supervised diet. ......... Also, I suggest you read the posts here as much as you can. And, click on the blue bar at top of page where it says More, and read everything under Resources. ....... The more you read, the better prepared you will be. Post questions ... But also, use the search feature (click on small magnifying glass) to learn about specific issues - such as the infamous three week stall. ........ Best of luck to you as you embark on the WLS journey!! 😀

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175