Lets Hear About Daily Successes

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/25/15 2:05 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Thats right a true success is to make good habits overcome the old bad habits... I wish you great success in this...

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 2/25/15 4:21 am
VSG on 03/16/15

I have stuck to my preop diet completely for 4 days working on 5 days.

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/25/15 6:57 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Tha is an awesome one and not easily done congratulations... You got this now... easy money...

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 2/25/15 7:08 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Thanks for the support.

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/25/15 9:09 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

My daily success is that if I feel wimpy or emotional to just acknowledge the feeling & to not drown it out or block it off with food, just accept it & move on.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/25/15 9:16 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

That is an excellent way to be to find great success... Endurance comes from a greater will within self and punch through emotions is to become stronger on the inside which leads to greater strength on the outside... I wish you great success...

Raze
on 2/25/15 9:12 am, edited 2/25/15 9:12 am

i workout to improve my physical well being. i believe flesh and bone is the most real thing we have as human beings and neglected my body for too long as a fat person. so i workout atm. i don't care for exercise too much, i am lazy about it and older now. but looking to lose a bit more pounds and inches i find it the only way to get that done efficiently being 8 years out of surgery. so currently my daily success is to workout in earnest

IMO

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/25/15 9:18 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Nothing like working out to make the mind line up with the body to balance heart and soul... Great success is yours for that... Very awesome post...

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/25/15 10:33 am - OH

I am coming up on 8 years post-op and the only way I define a "successful" day in terms of eating/weight/etc. is a day that I ate completely mindfully, meaning that if I chose to eat a treat or something less than healthy, that I did it being fully aware of it as a conscious decision rather than just eating it mindlessly as a way to cope with emotional distress.

As long as I make conscious choices, I remain in control (and so does my weight). If I revert to eating as a coping strategy, failure (psychological, physical, or both) is sure to follow.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/25/15 10:43 am, edited 2/25/15 10:44 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Yes coping mechanisms can sabatoge good habits by convincing us that everything will be alright if we just live in the moment of feeling better... Success is realizing danger and knowing how to use the tools we have been given to overcome stress by knowing our options to alleviate that stress... Good post I wish you great success...