Out of USA surgeons

vickie54
on 2/23/15 6:18 am

I am looking into a revision because my lapband has slipped. They had to remove the fill and now I have regained weight. Because I don't have any significant symptoms such as vomiting or reflux, they are leaving the band in, however my weight gain has caused concern. Eating pattern and exercise have remained basically the same, but the weight just keeps coming. No one wants to remove the band and do a gastric sleeve because I am not a 40 BMI. Has anyone had surgery outside of the USA, and if so, where and what can you tell me about your experience. Thank you. vickie

Kathy S.
on 2/23/15 7:26 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Vickie,

For revisions try posting this on the Revision Weight Loss Surgery Forum

Here are links to some of the more popular surgeons our members go to in MX

Gilberto Ungson, Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Gilberto Ungson Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon. Write Review ... I only had 2 REAL options for DS in Mexico in my mind, Dr. Aceves and Dr. Ungson.
David Beltran, Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Beltran, along with all the other wonderful staff at the bariatric center (Dr. Campos, ... Dr. Beltran explained the procedure step by step and each of the More.  

Guillermo Alvarez, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Guillermo Alvarez is a highly skilled Mexico bariatric surgery practitioner who specializes in numerous forms of laparoscopic bariatric surgery, including ...  

Armando Joya, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Armando Joya is a world renowned expert on Lapband, Bypass surgery, and pioneer surgeon of the Gastric Sleeve surgery. No other doctor in Mexico has ...  

Jaime Ricardo Ramos Kelly, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Ramos Kelly is a respected, experienced bariatric and metabolic surgeon who has been featured internationally. He was born in West Branch, Michigan and ...  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kate -True Brit
on 2/23/15 8:05 pm - UK
On February 23, 2015 at 2:18 PM Pacific Time, vickie54 wrote:

I am looking into a revision because my lapband has slipped. They had to remove the fill and now I have regained weight. Because I don't have any significant symptoms such as vomiting or reflux, they are leaving the band in, however my weight gain has caused concern. Eating pattern and exercise have remained basically the same, but the weight just keeps coming. No one wants to remove the band and do a gastric sleeve because I am not a 40 BMI. Has anyone had surgery outside of the USA, and if so, where and what can you tell me about your experience. Thank you. vickie

If your eating pattern and exercise have remained the same but you are gaining weight, something else is going on. I can understand you want to get the band out if it is causing problems, but if you are gaining weight, you are eating more than you should be. And if you were NOT gaining  before but ARE now, then you are eating more calories then you were! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,