Vacation

tiredofthediets
on 2/23/15 12:55 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Let me start by saying I KNOW everyone reacts differently to surgeries. So when I post this, I'm just "looking" for some suggestions from vets out there.....

My family usually goes on vacation every summer. We were looking into some options but I don't know that I'll be ready. I'm having RNY on March 23rd and my husband's vacation week is June 27th so that'll put me at about 3 months out. I don't HAVE to go on vacation,  I'm just wondering if anyone out there traveled that soon? I meet with my surgeon next week and I'll talk to him, again, just looking for suggestions. Thanks.

White Dove
on 2/23/15 1:11 am - Warren, OH

You could take a vacation the week after surgery.  June will be fine.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cathy W.
on 2/23/15 1:13 am

You should be fine going on vacation.  You'll need to make sure that you stick to your eating plan.

I think it will depend on what you'll be doing while on vacation.  If you'll be sunning at the beach, definitely.  LOL

Talk to your surgeon but I don't see why you couldn't.  I had RNY and I could have traveled at three months post-op.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Tracy D.
on 2/23/15 1:15 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Three months post-op?  No problem...go on vacation and have a GREAT time 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Kate -True Brit
on 2/23/15 1:40 am - UK

depends what you are doing. With hindsight, I think I was stupid at 2 1/2 months post-op to go trekking and wild camping in the Namibian desert, 100s of miles from anywhere, not even local villages! Apart from anything else, I had no way of telling what I was eating as our guide just cooked local food over a camp fire. But nothing went wrong!!! Luckily as I guess I would have had to be airlifted to Soith Africa if anything had gone wrong and we didn't even have a satellite phone. I think I was insane! 

So maybe not that, but a more conventional vacation won't be a problem! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

tiredofthediets
on 2/23/15 2:05 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Just sunbathing and swimming (exercise). Thanks everyone!!!

Valerie G.
on 2/23/15 5:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Three months should be easy, and enough that you may actually enjoy yourself!  Anything less than 2 months is a crap-shoot.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes