Lap Band fills

martinfr
on 2/22/15 11:24 pm - ottawa, Canada

I was originally banded April 2010.  The band later lipped and had to be removed.  I was re-banded Aug. 10, 2011.  So far so good except I need a small fill and SB will not honor the 4 year post op follow up.  They say that the 4 year post op follow on starts with my original surgery date of Apr 2010..what a bunch (I would/could say more but the saying goes ...if you have nothing nice to say...shut up) now to mention that my Surgeon who did both my surgeries has been let go for ill practice.  Just wondering if anyone knows of a Doctor in the Ottawa area who would be willing to give me a small fill?  SB would...but I need to pay $1,500 for 6 months!!!

Cathy W.
on 2/23/15 1:17 am

To get more views and replies, cross-post this on the Lap-Band MB.  Go to the top blue nav under "Forums" and the drop down of "Or Another Region" and go to the area in Canada near you.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

monymony
on 2/23/15 5:16 am

Hi, That is so ridiculous!I hope you can find someone to do your fills. You can also go to lapband.com and find someone in your area. Let us know what happens. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Kate -True Brit
on 2/23/15 5:21 am, edited 2/23/15 5:21 am - UK

Don't you have state health care in Canada? I had my band done privately here in the UK but now, at almost 9 years post-op, the National Health Service has taken over my care. Could you get the same? 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

martinfr
on 2/23/15 8:10 pm - ottawa, Canada

yes we do have state health care in Canada, but this procedure is outside that scope.