Crystal Light

DInscoe
on 2/22/15 10:18 pm

I'm pre-op.  I have my first appt next month to begin the process.  I'm just wondering if Crystal Light is an option for the water because I can't stand regular water. 

Deanna

Vivian Prouty
on 2/22/15 10:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX

You really need to drink water but Crystal Light and the other additives that you can add to your plain water will at least help you get your water in.    I know what you mean abou****er.   I personally don't care for water unless it is icy cold.    Check out Real Lemon or Real Lime ( you can get it at Kroger and Walmart ).   It is found by the little bottles of additives for water.   It is packets and they are not sweetened.    I love them added to water.    Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Willie H.
on 2/23/15 12:33 am
VSG on 08/26/14

I LOVE Crystal Light!! Although I do drink bottled water ALL day at work, after work when I get home it is my Crystal Light time! I just sip it slowly from around 7:00-9:30pm to when I go to bed. It takes away my sweet cravings and also helps to curb my hunger. I would not use it in the place of water although I think i read somewhere that you can. 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/23/15 4:45 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Yes, it is, but I find most of the flavors too sweet even when I use just a portion of the pack.   I've tried a variety of different liquid water enhancers and found that I can drink Mio Berry Pomegranate (or comparable generic versions) all day without complaint.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/23/15 8:51 am
RNY on 12/31/13

There is no difference in hydration between water with crystal light, coffee, tea, etc and water.  Some people may not want the artificial sweeteners or colors -- but they all hydrate you the same.  Certainly, drinking water with crystal light is better than not drinking your water.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

ChristineB
on 2/23/15 10:39 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On February 23, 2015 at 4:51 PM Pacific Time, K. W wrote:

There is no difference in hydration between water with crystal light, coffee, tea, etc and water.  Some people may not want the artificial sweeteners or colors -- but they all hydrate you the same.  Certainly, drinking water with crystal light is better than not drinking your water.  

Sorry, I have to kindly say that anything with caffeine is different than water. Caffeine will dehydrate you. It is by far better to have plain water.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/23/15 10:44 am
RNY on 12/31/13

The myth of caffeine dyhydration has been disproved again and again. Cleveland Clinic flatly states that this pervasive misinformation is counter-productive to fluid intake. Here's just one of many studies that highlights this fact. (Sorry I can't hit link -- posting from my iPhone). 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15467100/

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/23/15 10:00 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Generally anything with no sugar, caffeine, or carbonation is OK. Sugar-free Kool Aid, iced tea, lemon juice, frozen cucumber slices, sugar-free Mio drops, Crystal Light... lots of options!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

ChristineB
on 2/23/15 10:47 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On February 23, 2015 at 6:18 AM Pacific Time, DInscoe wrote:

I'm pre-op.  I have my first appt next month to begin the process.  I'm just wondering if Crystal Light is an option for the water because I can't stand regular water. 

Deanna

Deanna, if you have the financial means may I suggest a Brita pitcher to make filtered water? It is by far better tasting than tap water.

The liquid additive drops to a bottle of water are great also as they do not add many calories.

My husband and I are purist when it comes to our water. We are both 11+ years out and we both mostly drink pure filtered water. I have a pitcher of filtered water on my desk at all times (I cannot tolerate cold water so room temp is great for me) and we have one in our fridge also.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

SUMO96
on 2/24/15 1:34 am - Dorado, Puerto Rico