I made it!

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/15 2:20 am - Canada

So my surgery was on Friday and thinks went off without a hitch. I am having no problem getting in my fluids and am enjoying pretending that I'm a little princess and can only take little nibbles of food at a time. One thing I am not loving is crushed pills. GAG! I hide them in apple sauce then have a sip of water to get it down. I met with my surgeon today and he says I can head home. But my boyfriend said that since we have the hotel another night we might as well enjoy it. He has been my rock through all of this and is the perfect mother hen to me. If I need anything he jumps at the opportunity to help. He even went to 4 different pharmacies to get everything I need. The surgeon told me that my pre-surgical blood sugar indicated that I was diabetic. Post surgery it was perfect so I'm thinking I must hold the world record for the person with the shortest diabetes diagnosis in the world. LOL So that is my update. This is just the beginning and I am going to savour every moment.

cerulean910
on 2/23/15 2:54 am
RNY on 02/25/15

Congrats!

Cathy W.
on 2/23/15 3:11 am

Congrats on your surgery, having your diabetes in remission after WLS, plus having such a supportive boyfriend.  Having support is so important.  

Journal your progress and take photos.  You can use your OH Blog to make posts about your journey.  For photos, on the same day of every month, have your photo taken.  Wear the same clothes and be in the same location.  Month by month, you'll see the clothes getting baggy and your body size in the location will also be smaller.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Tracy D.
on 2/24/15 2:31 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench! 

And just a little FYI - this surgery and normal blood sugars don't mean you are no longer a diabetic.  You are...you're just in remission as long as you control your carb intake and keep your blood sugar stable with diet and exercise.  If you start taking back the simple carbs, eating sugar, etc. you will take yourself out of remission and will soon be on medication.  

Wishing you all the best on this journey! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15