Emotional and stressed.

Bansheefaerie
on 2/22/15 3:11 pm
RNY on 09/25/14

So I hit a stall, and finally started losing slowly again. I am now at the same weight that was my lowest weight ever as an adult. Well really since puberty. 206. Now I am terrified that I won't get bellow 200. It's like I stepped on the scale, saw 206, and my mind said in a Robin Williams voice "Well George, you're at your smallest possible weight, no more hope." I don't know why my mind called me George, I'm Laura. My weight loss being slow is really stressing me out and making me feel hopeless.

HW 298.6 - Consultation weight 289.6 - SW 267.6 - CW 239.4  

~ Laura

MickeyDee
on 2/22/15 3:52 pm

Well, don't let George take over now!  You've been very successful, so do yourself a favor and stay off the scale for a month.  Exercise, make sure you eat correctly, stay busy with something fun.  

Hang in there, Laura!

Bansheefaerie
on 2/22/15 4:07 pm
RNY on 09/25/14

Thank you :)

~ Laura

Valerie G.
on 2/22/15 9:44 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

These stalls are going to happen several times as you're losing.  The trick to keeping your momentum is to try on new clothes when this happens.  I always discovered I'd gone down a size or three, so it brought a whole new perspective to the stalls.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Poodlemac
on 2/22/15 9:45 pm, edited 2/22/15 9:48 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Your surgery date and mine are just a day apart, your surg weight and mine are close. I feel like my weightloss is slow, but my doctor assures me I'm "ahead of the curve".  Everyone has their stats listed differently so it can definitely be off putting. Don't  panic. Plus, I feel like if I lose more slowly, it MIGHT stay off better. Maybe!!  I do only weigh about once a week and I can now tell by the scale when I'm about to drop. Remember, a graph of your weight loss will look like stair steps, not a hill. You're doing great. Keep it up!

Bansheefaerie
on 2/23/15 4:22 am
RNY on 09/25/14

Thank you! Since surgery I've lost 61 pounds.

~ Laura

White Dove
on 2/22/15 10:00 pm - Warren, OH

When I was in my 20's and 30's, I used to fast and take water pills before a doctor appointment.  I believed that if a weight was officially recorded then my body would think it was OK to stay at that weight. 

Certain weights can play games with your head and your body does seem to want to feel comfortable there. 

Let George Do It Was an old radio show and also an expression for passing responsibility on to someone else i.e.  "I don't want to deal with this, let George do it".  Robin Williams probably used that at some point and it stuck in your mind. 

You are not George, just stick to your plan and this plateau will pass.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cathy W.
on 2/23/15 1:09 am

Two things:

1.  Stay off the scale for at least a week, preferably longer.  Go by your body and how your clothes are feeling on your body.  Plateaus happen and are part of the process.  If you weigh yourself less often, you won't get as frustrated.

2.  Kick George out of your head.  He doesn't know what he is talking about!  Laura is running the show!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Bansheefaerie
on 2/23/15 4:24 am
RNY on 09/25/14

Thank you everyone! 

~ Laura

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/23/15 9:54 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Think of it this way: next time you're on the scale and see 205, you can say "I'm smaller than I've ever been! Go me!"

And then after that, when the scale says 204, you can say "I'm smaller than I've ever been! Go me!"

And on and on and on. Cool huh? You've totally got this!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!