Diabetic how to bring up sugar levels after surgery if to low?

MickeyDee
on 2/22/15 11:20 am

by the way, "conciplating" is not a word.  I believe you must have meant "contemplating", which is to thoughtfully consider something.

sher920
on 2/22/15 11:49 am - Riverdale, GA

Lol !!  You got me , your absolutely right. Thanks spell check.

MickeyDee
on 2/22/15 9:23 pm

Actually, I must apologize;  Miss Manners would say I should have sent an IM or even not said anything at all.  

Thanks for taking it in the spirit in which it was meant.

MyLady Heidi
on 2/22/15 11:48 am

I was off my diabetes meds before I even left the hospital after rny, so I didn't have many crashes at the beginning at all, nothing was bringing my numbers down at all since I was taking no meds.  I have reactive hypoglycemia and when I eat too much sugar or carbs I do crash and need to bring my numbers back up sometimes, you must eat a protein based snack to do that.  I never had any problems in the beginning at all, not until I introduced carbs, and this all can be controlled by diet alone if I am very careful.

sher920
on 2/22/15 11:52 am - Riverdale, GA

Thanks Heidi great information, I'll be sure to utilize that..

Tracy D.
on 2/23/15 1:17 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Are you Type I or Type II?  If you're Type II you shouldn't have too many issues with low sugars at all.  You'll be taken off all your diabetes medication and will be controlling your glucose level with diet.  Keep the crappy carbs out of the diet and you'll probalby do fine. 

If you're Type I, you'll need to consult with a doctor.  That's trickier. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15