Don't miss food?

christinamudd
on 2/21/15 4:08 pm

So I am day 3 post op.  Everything went super smooth for me.  I have almost no pain.  I am shocked.   I so far have zero cravings for food of any sort.  I eat a few bites to make sure I eat.  I haven't gotten a super full feeling yet, but I've been following the rules one sip every 5 minutes.  Is this normal?  For everything to be running so smoothly?  Do things get rocky or can they?  

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15

Poodlemac
on 2/21/15 5:04 pm, edited 2/21/15 5:05 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

My experience was the same. No real pain, pretty smooth sailing, I felt great!  Unfortunately, something will likely put a bump in your ride when you least expect it, but that's normal!  For me it was beef at about 4 or 5 weeks out. Sit back, get well and enjoy getting to know your new body!  When I saw my doc at my 1 week follow up, he asked how I was doing and I smiled and said "actually, it" and he interrupted me.  He said, "Ah, don't jinx it!"

It's an awesome tool and the best thing I've ever done for myself! 

Kate -True Brit
on 2/21/15 9:22 pm, edited 2/21/15 9:26 pm - UK

If you put your surgery type and date into your profile, it will show every time you post. The main surgeries all lead to very different experiences and so without knowing which surgery a poster has had, replies can be meaningless. 

Sorry - just seen it is in your signature!  Still worth putting in your profile as that is where people look first  although your date spears to be April 2014. I must be missing something here!!!!!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

christinamudd
on 2/22/15 6:38 am

Oh it actually happened February 18 of this year.  I thought I did fix it. Hmm thanks!  And as far as the other poster, i appreciate all of your feedback!  I'm glad to know secretly the surgery didn't occur or something lol. I will be ready for obstacles, and so far I'm so happy :) Ok thanks you guys!

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15