trans oral gastric outlet reduction

ciracifinn
on 2/21/15 12:44 am
 i had rny 10 years ago and lost over 100 p...ounds next month i go in for my transoral gastric outlet reduction, sence the 10 years i have had 1 of my children , so i am excited for this procedure but scared to as its a newer one. Has anyone had this procedure also known as rose procedure or tor procedure? I use to be on here 10 years ago as Candace iraci but lost that old email and password as its been ten years lol , I am now remarried with 3 wonderful children!
MsBatt
on 2/21/15 1:58 am

I have no personal experience with this, but I've seen a number of people post here who had it. Unfortunately, it seems to have a very low success rate. Is your insurance covering this? (I've yet to see anyone say theirs did.) I newer form of this is called the Apollo Overstitch, and while it IS pretty new, so far it seems to work better than any of the other transoral stoma reduction methods.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I strongly urge you to do some more research before you pay to have this done. There are other, better options available.

I also suggest you post this on the Revision board, listed under 'Surgery Types' in the menu above.

ciracifinn
on 2/21/15 2:05 am

yes my insurance will be covering it , the success rate for my doctor is pretty good , I will defently look into this other surgery first , thank you I will check the other board to

gdsmom
on 11/2/18 2:36 pm - Colts Neck, NJ

Did you get the trans oral gastric outlet reduction proc sure? If so did you have success with it?