Weight Loss

mcrichardson
on 2/20/15 5:41 am

Ok so I am aware that this is kind of silly, but I am 3.5 weeks post op and have lost 52 pounds. However, I weighed on Tuesday and then again today (which I know is too often) and I haven't lost anything between those two days. Is that normal?

Willie H.
on 2/20/15 7:13 am
VSG on 08/26/14

I lost 25 lbs my first week because I was unable to keep anything down! Once I was able to eat pureed food I regain 10 of those lbs the following week and then the 3rd week I did not lose anything. That's why they call it the 3-4 week stall, but you WILL start losing again I guarantee it. Search for 3 week stall on this forum and you'll see it is one concern that EVERY week someone asks about. Also keep in mind that much weight loss during the first few weeks may give us high expectations but eventually it does kind of even off and you will have stalls along the way but you'll continue to lose inches and more weight. I thought by now based on my first couple months weight loss I would be 30 lbs or more lighter than I am now. Also the fact that my friend lost over 100 lbs in 6 months-the point that I will be at next week! So of course I thought I would do the same. Yet, I am happy where I am with my weight loss because I am getting healthier each day and I know that eventually it will come off-we all take different paths but if we follow the directions we will all get to that destination albeit at different rates!  You may or may not lose rapidly but you will lose,  depends on age and a few other factors. Just keeping working the program and the weight will fall off. Just hang in there-you're doing great and have a wonderful start! I wish you well!!!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Thebiggestloser
on 2/20/15 8:20 am
VSG on 11/19/14

You're right... That is very silly. Yes stalls are normal and I think almost everyone has the three week stall. Search for it and you'll be overwhelmed by posts. 

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/21/15 1:20 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

If you were attending clown college I would say that was silly because those big shoes would cover up the scale reading...LOL... But I weigh myself everyday just to see any variation in weight loss and gain, and I have already met my goal. I guess I am obsessed with the scale I try to take it everywhere but the guy who works at the Gym stops me at the door and tells me that it is stealing and I need to put it back. you sound like you have hit your first bump at fifty-two and it will get going again soon. It always does.

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!