Abdominal pain

rdudas33
on 2/23/15 9:16 am

When should I see my surgeon again?  I'm 6 years out and now I'm starting to experience massive pain in my abdominal area.  Yes some of it is gas related but today I wore a femme hygiene product and when I came home the pain was horrible with a bowel movement...I feel bloated sore and bruised.  Is this an emergency?  I'm on high doses of tramadol for my knee so I don't feel much pain plus I had my tummy tuck and I can't feel most of that area.

just advice please....I'll contact doctor tomorrow...just need some relief.

thanks

renee

ChristineB
on 2/23/15 10:28 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

The better majority of the members here are not clinicians and are not qualified to diagnose you. You need to get in contact with one of your medical professionals or go to the ER. Good luck to you.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

hollykim
on 2/23/15 10:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 23, 2015 at 5:16 PM Pacific Time, rdudas33 wrote:

When should I see my surgeon again?  I'm 6 years out and now I'm starting to experience massive pain in my abdominal area.  Yes some of it is gas related but today I wore a femme hygiene product and when I came home the pain was horrible with a bowel movement...I feel bloated sore and bruised.  Is this an emergency?  I'm on high doses of tramadol for my knee so I don't feel much pain plus I had my tummy tuck and I can't feel most of that area.

just advice please....I'll contact doctor tomorrow...just need some relief.

thanks

renee

without more info ,there is no way anyone can answer this question.

rdudas33
on 2/23/15 11:57 am

Ok. Was just wondering if anyone else had similar pain. 

Thanks. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/23/15 12:51 pm - OH

Pain in the "abdominal area" could be a thousand and one different things, depending on exactly where it is, what type of pain it is (sharp, throbbing, tearing, etc.), how intense it is, and how long it has been happening, and what other symptoms you have.

You should definitely see a doctor although it may not be necessary to see your surgeon since you are so far out. It may or may not be an emergency. If is is severe, though, and neither your surgeon nor your PCP can see you right away, you might have to decide whether it is bad enough to go to the ER.  If you develop a fever with it, DEFINITELY go to the ER.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Valerie G.
on 2/23/15 9:20 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Massive pain is never normal - call the doc for sure.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes