medicaid finding a doctor near durham nc

return14
on 2/23/15 2:38 am - Durham, NC

ive been getting the run around for a year now trying to find a hospital and doctor who will take Medicaid, I went to a seminar here in Durham NC(duke reg.) to at the last minute to be told they do not except Medicaid:(  I was embarrassed and afraid to move forward, iam now looking as far as charlotte, but I feel numb, afraid, not to mention what eles- I don't want to give up.  my primary is no help, she gave me the referral that didn't work...I'm doing something wrong I still have high hopes. I just need a little help to get me started in the right direction.

Kathy S.
on 2/23/15 3:16 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Sadly this is very challenging but not impossible.  We get calls daily for this issue and the number of surgeons that are taking state insurance is getting less and less.

That being said, try these suggestions.  Here is a link to a list of all surgeons in your area.  Give them a call and see if they accept your insurance.  

North Carolina Bariatric Surgeons

Call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask for a list of state approved surgeons.  Sometimes they will say they don't have a list.  They do!  A surgeon has to apply with the state to get paid so they have a list. 

Post this on the North Carolina Weight Loss Forum

Good luck to you!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Triksy
on 2/23/15 5:55 am
RNY on 05/20/15

Dr. Roc Bauman accepts medicaid, he is located in Concord NC just north of Charlotte. I am currently a patient working towards getting my surgery date. 

His office is Carolinas Weight loss Surgery.