Uninspired

Beth Of Fletchair
on 2/23/15 8:02 am

You seem to be still in a quandary but a lot thinner.  You are more defined around the edges as well! Can I post these pics on FaceBook?

The Salty Hag
on 2/23/15 5:47 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I'm not uninspired....so...,yeah. 

It is great that you have role models here, there is nothing wrong with that. It's just the posting of their pictures without their permission that's freaked some people out. Look at it from that point of view. I would be none to pleased if it was me...and ANYONE had posted my pictures in a thread without getting permission. 

If you wrote to the women and asked them and they consented, then great...no probs. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/23/15 5:58 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Please don't include me in your generalization.  Posting or removing the pictures did not affect my "inspiration" in any way.

As others have pointed out, it is presumptuous to post pictures of OH members without their permission.  I don't believe you did this to be rude, but didn't fully think about how the people you mentioned would react or feel about their photos being plastered without their knowledge.  Posting your own pictures is completely acceptable and encouraged.

Good luck with your journey.  We all learn something new everyday  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Y D.
on 2/23/15 6:00 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

hi :) I meant uninspired in terms of the thread hehe, it went left pretty quickly ;)

thank you for the well wishes.

hollykim
on 2/23/15 10:35 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 23, 2015 at 10:20 AM Pacific Time, Yaara K. wrote:

I shared some members that have really inspired me, as someone just starting out, and apparently it's rubbed the posters in this thread the wrong way.

Well great, now we're all uninspired.

please speak for your self. I have never been uninspired. 

Sooner or later we have to learn to inspire ourselves.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 2/23/15 3:31 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Yes, posting other people's pics without permission is creepy.  I still feel inspired.  I'm glad you can see that maybe posting the pics was a bad decision.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Patm
on 2/23/15 11:30 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sharing names is one thing. Sharing pictures without consent is just wrong

Gina 22 years out
on 2/24/15 12:36 am - Burleson, TX

Hi YAARA ! I'm Gina...don't believe we've "met" before. I'm sure your heart was in the right place. I'm almost 13 yrs post RNY, and the journey is never "over". Pictures inspire ME...

If you start a thread, ASKING for pics, I promise to participate...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Y D.
on 2/24/15 12:38 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

You're so kind, thank you for understanding my intentions. Congrats on all your success!!

Kathy S.
on 2/24/15 1:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Yaara

May we suggest you start a new thread with the members user names and hyper link to their profile pages. If you need help with hyperlinking here is a post we just recently did showing you how.  

How To Hyperlink In A Post

We here at OH are featuring members monthly with featuring their before and afters.  Let us know the 3 members that inspired you and we will get in touch with them, get their permission to post their before and afters and we can feature them next month.

Thanks,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130