Uninspired

Y D.
on 2/23/15 2:20 am, edited 2/23/15 5:20 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I shared some members that have really inspired me, as someone just starting out, and apparently it's rubbed the posters in this thread the wrong way.

Well great, now we're all uninspired.

birdiegirl
on 2/23/15 4:36 am

OK...Am I the only one who finds this creepy that you are posting other peoples before and afters?    ...and done by you Yaara without a picture for your avatar?

Y D.
on 2/23/15 4:45 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Creepy? That's a really odd word. These are OH pictures that they have shared with us here.

I have pictures on my profile in my blog.

Way to be positive birdie, thanks for your meaningful contribution to this post.

birdiegirl
on 2/23/15 4:50 am

That is my immediate reaction to a stranger posting someone else's pictures.  Posting your own pics is different in my books.

I have no idea what this has to do with being positive or meaningful or the lack thereof.  I repeat - I find this post distasteful at best and creepy at worst.  We have a difference of opinion.

Added - the deleted post below by me is due to an OH glitch which repeated the original post

Y D.
on 2/23/15 4:59 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thank goodness for the block button, you should look into it. That's a very sad and sick way to look at things.

For someone like me who can't see much of a light at the end of the tunnel from where I'm at now, I'm really inspired by others who have made it happen and who have shared their success with us here. It makes me feel inspired and hopeful.

A lot of times here we see daily posts about regain, stalls, food intolerances, etc. I love when people post their successes. But in real-time they are few and far between. These are women who have done it and have contributed to OH, I thought others might find them inspiring as I have when the finish line seems so far away.

If that is creepy and distasteful, to you, well that's unfortunate. You don't have to read my posts or respond to them.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/23/15 5:19 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I like it when people post about their own successes.

I don't like it so much when people post about others' success, presumably without permission or encouragement.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Karen M.
on 2/23/15 5:16 am, edited 2/23/15 5:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

In looking at your OH profile, you do NOT have pictures there. In fact, you don't even have a blog.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 2/23/15 5:13 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ummm... yes, count me among the "I find this creepy" members!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 2/23/15 4:38 am
Kate -True Brit
on 2/23/15 5:12 am - UK

Well actually, I'm not too keen either. I have photos on my profile but  I would  be really put out if someone took it upon themselves to put them on here. I know things posted on Internet sites are in the public domain but I agree with the other poster that this is an odd and slightly unpleasant thing to do. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,