premier protein

Oliviawashere
on 2/20/15 8:27 am

I am 3 weeks post op, and have been drinking premier protein shakes with no issues for the 1st 2 weeks, lately when I'm drinking them I just feel full & sick. I am not sure of why the sudden change.

Also, just out of curiosity how long does it take you to finish the 11oz shake? 3+ weeks out?

Han Shot First
on 2/20/15 9:05 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

My tastes changed at about 3 weeks.  I used to love the Syntrax Nectars, and then at about 3 weeks they started making me sick.  I haven't had them since.  You may just need to try a different brand.

It didn't take me long to drink the shake at 3 weeks.  I probably finished it within 10 minutes or less.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

rocky513
on 2/20/15 11:26 am, edited 2/20/15 11:26 am - WI

The nerves in your stomach were cut and not sending proper signals to the brain.  You could drink them with no problem at first because you, likely, had little "feeling" in your stomach.  Now that your stomach is healing, the nerves are reconnecting and you can "feel" more. You also may have some residual swelling too.  I took at least an hour for me to get a shake in.  Try thinning them with a little extra water.  It helps.

You may have developed lactose intolerance too.  Make sure the shakes are 99% lactose free.   Try mixing protein powder with almond, cashew, or soy milk instead of dairy.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010