OMG! 24 hours from now I will be at the hospital

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/15 11:27 pm - Canada

Where did that 2 weeks go? I have to be at the hospital for 10 a.m. tomorrow. And I am so excited! I have been fortunate enough to have one of the shorter wait times. Started April 2014. I think my biggest concern is getting the proper vitamins and minerals to keep me healthy. I've heard that there are some great ones available in the States. Anyone buy from there? Any problems with shipping? How long does it take for them to arrive? And also, what kind do you use? I have bought a bunch that with a combined approach should do the trick but there are a lot to take over the course of the day plus I cant take the Calcium with my thyroid meds so it won't be easy. I should have taken pharmacy course to help figure it all out! LOL thanks everyone!

jaxie77
on 2/19/15 1:26 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14
jaxie77
on 2/19/15 1:29 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey ! Wow ,you had a great wait time .  I just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow ! Everything will go great , just relax and enjoy it . I had mine 8 weeks ago and I can remember every single second . The time goes by so fast. You'll be at home and in recovery in no time .

As for vitamins . I did travel to Buffalo about a month before my surgery and picked up some double packs of B 12 and Vit C  , for the rest I find costco is the best option. I buy the Wellesse  Liquid calcium . Two large bottle for $17 I think . It's very easy to take . I also take thyroid meds daily . I get up fairly early so around 6 am I take my thyroid and other things I like to take like evening primrose and Biotin , my Bp meds and a fish oil .Then before I leave for work ( around 8.30 or so ) I take my Calcium . I pop a multivitamin in my scrubs pocket and take that around 10.30 or so . Then if I get home for lunch at 1 ish I'll take another calcium .Same again when I get home around 5 . After dinner( maybe 7.30) I'll take another multi and before bed I take my last calcium . I do a sub lingual B 12 ever other day . .I was worried about all this too but it's surprisingly easy to get into the swing of it . I have all my stuff out in a corner of my kitchen counter ( much to hubby's annoyance ..which makes it more fun !) ...so I'm reminded all the time of what to take . 

Anyway , you'll get it no worries . I hope all goes fab for you tomorrow . Look forward to hearing from you afterwards . 

Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending some positive vibes.  Honestly just enjoy it  , they are great at staying on top of your pain so just think of it as a couple days off away from home ! Lol ....I took a great book and I honestly enjoyed the whole experience . Sounds weird I know , but if you are relaxed and take your pain meds  you'll be grand . 

Good luck 

Jax xx

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/15 8:03 am - Canada

Thanks Jax! Great advice. I am taking a good book as well. My boyfriend will be there every step of the way and he has a great memory for details so he will be my ears. We have to stay near the hospital for a couple days after discharge so there is so many more things to think about. I'll try to post as soon as I'm up to it.

MickeyDee
on 2/19/15 1:51 am

Congratulations on your big day! 

I often use Vitalady.com out of Seattle, WA.  She's a bariatric patient also, so has a really good idea of what vitamins and supplements to use and ships quickly.

If you just want to go OTC, you can.  I used Centrum chewables immediately post-op, but switched to regular Centrum after the two-year mark.  I also use D3 Dry, Calcium Citrate, Trader Joe's B-complex sublingual tabs, and magnesium.  Also, get some Miralax--you'll probably need it.  Constipation is normal post-op. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/15 8:04 am - Canada

Thanks MickeyDee!