Went to Mexico and came back very happy

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/15 4:50 am, edited 2/20/15 1:49 am

My journey began on November 18 of last year. I was scheduled to have surgery over a year ago and chickened out about a month prior to surgery. It seemed a difficult thing to do, but I searched for my inner courage and got in contact with Dr. Ungson from Mexicali Bariatric Center in Mexicali Mexico, and took the trip. I was picked up at the Calexico border and stayed in the hospital for my surgery, Everyone back in Mexico were very attentive and kind. I came back and started to feel changes, I know it has only been a short period from surgery but I feel incredible. I had struggled prior to surgery how I would feel and had read so many stories of people having trouble getting in their protein drinks and liquids. Amazingly enough I have been able to get in all my drinks and 64 oz of liquids every day since surgery starting with about the 3rd day. 
I am really eager to move on to the purée phase of the post op diet. It still hurts but very little to get up and down. I will do my best to get on here and update every couple weeks to update my personal experience. I weighed 295 lbs when I started the pre-op diet 2 weeks prior to surgery. I weighed today and have lost 30 lbs. so far and feel great. Presently I would encourage anyone thinking of a gastric sleeve surgery. More info to come :)

Cathy W.
on 2/19/15 4:56 am

Congratulations on your surgery and positive experience.  You're doing great with a 30 pound weight loss, and getting in protein drinks and liquids.

If you'd like to leave a member testimonial for Dr. Ungson, you can.  Testimonials are reviewed by anyone considering weight loss surgery and researching surgeons.  

Keep up the great work!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Y D.
on 2/19/15 5:32 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

That's awesome, and you're doing so well!! :)

Medical tourism was the answer for me too, I'm so glad these boards have the resources available to research good surgeon's abroad.

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/15 5:55 am

Yes! it is a very good option that people should know, I'm sure the people at Mexicali Bariatric can answer any doubts anyone may have, It worked for me.. I feel great so far¡

kami_c04
on 2/19/15 3:12 pm

I am scheduled for surgery on 3-6-15 in Juarez MX. In order to get back into the united states what all documents will I need?

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/15 1:39 am
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/15 4:19 am

I used my Id to return from Mexicali, I think that is all you need, also I've heard that the birth certificate is also a valid way to come back to the states. 

Congratulations on making this life changing decision!