Need help (and some answers)!

IndyRose
on 2/18/15 2:08 pm

Has anyone who has had a RNY developed any of the following: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, inability to control glucose levels (woke up with a level of 40) any other health issues that your doctor "thinks" could be related to the RNY? The fatigue is so severe that working is nearly impossible.   Physician suggested eating small meals every 2 hours which resulted in a 10 pound weight gain. Now recommending I see Endocrinologist. Have no insurance! Considering reversal. HELP!

White Dove
on 2/18/15 3:16 pm - Warren, OH

I developed Epstein Barr many years ago.  It was treated with rest and vitamins.  Are you getting all of your supplements everyday and keeping up with your labs?

I agree with the frequent meals for glucose control.  I eat six times a day, but limit myself to about 100-300 calories for each small meal.  If eating every 2 hours, then I suggest making a meal of 100 calories.  That might be Greek Yogurt, 2 Weigh****cher cheesesticks, 2 slices o deli ham, an ounce of cheese, an hard-boiled egg, an apple or a cup of soup.

The best way is a combination of a protein with a carb.  I often do four saltine crackers and a cheesestick.  I limit my calories to 1400 a day.  I track with My Fitness Pal.  I also weigh myself daily and make sure there is no gain.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/15 7:28 pm, edited 2/18/15 7:28 pm

Google SIBO and CFS...

To prevent low BS i follow a very strict diet.  Proteins, fat and not starchy veggies. I avoid grains, most fruits, and starches.  

To prevent low BS in the morning, late night snack of 1-2 TBS of NSA nut butter or just nuts, eaten just before bed does the trick.  I keep nut butter by my bed just in case. 

I avoid any starches, sugars, carbs late inn evening, and i make sure most my calories from evening meal is from proteins and fat.  Fast is really important,  IMO, just lean proteins, with no fat,  or small amount of carbs, will make my BS drop.. Fat helps to keep my BS stable. 

Google food insuline index. All foods cause or body to release insuline. Even proteins. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Valerie G.
on 2/18/15 9:46 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

The first thing that came to my mind is malnutrition.  Did your physician do a full nutritional blood panel?  When I do this, they usually collect 14 vials of blood for all of the testing.  If they haven't, then you need to do this ASAP, for some deficiencies can cause permanent damage if left unaddressed.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes