P3 Protein Packs??

kd_blue75
on 2/17/15 7:46 am

I am sometimes lazy and love the P# protein packs.  I find them with the lunchables and lunch meat. 

Han Shot First
on 2/17/15 9:14 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I tried these a while before, when I trying to grab something healthy from a limited selection, and I really didn't like the meat either.  Your pack sounds much better.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

K P.
on 2/17/15 9:46 am
DS on 07/08/14

I like them. My favorite is the ham, cheddar, and roasted almonds. I usually get them for $1.67 each. I buy about 2-3 and they last a week, sometimes two because I don't eat them as a regular meal. I buy them for convenience. Oh, I found an almond shell in mine the other day as well - with my mouth. Not fun.

Sounds like what you are making on your own is comparable, yet most likely tastes better (depending on whether or not you use deli chicken or bake your own). Plus, it sounds like you are getting some sort of vegetable in (tomato). I would stick with what you are making vs buying these as you have more control.

If you are looking for a snack I have recently discovered pickles, and I love hard boiled eggs. Pickles because they give me crunch and the dill have zero carbs. Boiled eggs are easy to make ahead and make a great portable snack and provide 7g of protein an egg. 

If you are looking for quick and portable and don't have time to make them on your own then keep looking for P3, however if you have the time and energy to make your own - keep it up! I think homemade food or prepared food is better for you anyway. 

Best of luck!

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Willie H.
on 2/17/15 11:06 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Thank you. I do LOVE pickles and they are surprisingly filling! I keep a jar at work in the fridge and I also used boiled eggs in the morning. Thanks!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

MegZorar
on 2/17/15 9:57 am, edited 2/17/15 10:04 am

Try Walgreens. In supermarkets they're usually near the cold cuts or the kid lunches (Lunchables). They look like small versions of the Lunchables.

You could easily make your own. They typically contain less than 1 oz of chicken/turkey deli cubes, about an ounce of cheese cut into cubes and about 1 oz of peanuts (likely less than that).

Google "P3 snacks" and you'll see them.

Willie H.
on 2/17/15 11:06 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Thanks - will do!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

NYMom222
on 2/17/15 11:54 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I have seen them at my Target. Buy one of those little Bento Boxes for kids lunches and you can fill it with your meats cheeses and nuts or whatever.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NikkyBeauty
on 2/17/15 4:02 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I always see them at Walmart they only cost 99 cents here in Cali when my protien got low I tried them out and they were surprisingly filling and good! But you have the right idea making them on your own if you can't find them in stores im sure it will go a lot further in the long run! But I make my own fruit parfaits i use sf jello vanilla sf strawberries and blue berries i don't use the granola, but it's a great desert type snack, dosent have a lot of protien! But it's pretty darn tasty and you can pack it in small containers and take them on the go they're very delicious,low cal

and will give mc Donald's a run for there money!!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

dawdee
on 3/23/15 6:31 am - Las Vegas, NV

I get mine from the Wal-mart super center in the area where the lunch meats are. :-)

I hope to one day believe again that whatever my mind can conceive & believe I will achieve.

Willie H.
on 3/23/15 7:45 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Thank you. I did find them at a Walmart but only when I went down to Florida. The Walmarts around me here in NJ did not have them-at least then they did not. Anyway, I ended up making my own using a snack pack. Again, thank you.