How do you do it

ricky911
on 2/16/15 11:24 am

Im a new person to this website,was searching for people to talk with about being obese, a quick thing about me. 50yr/m/520pds, ive reached my limit, all i think of now adays is how to end my life,im tired of living like this, ive been sick for many years,heart attack,blood clots,copd, etc..ive just got to the point were im unable to walk more then ten steps because my legs dont want to support my weight and my heart races.

KathyA999
on 2/16/15 2:22 pm

Ricky, we've all been where you are.  Most of us are going through the process to have weight loss surgery, or have already had it.  Mine was 4.5 years ago.  It changed my life for the better in so many ways.  You might consider this kind of intervention, along with therapy to help with your depression and eating behavior.  There is a solution, and reaching out on this site is the first step.  Good luck!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Mary Gee
on 2/16/15 4:59 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Ricky, you have reached your bottom ..... Time to grab hold and pull yourself up. WLS can help you, if you commit to your doctor's program. I have congestive heart failure. I was unable to walk to the conference room where my surgeon held his orientation meeting -- need hospital transport to bring me there in a wheelchair. Had high blood pressure, etc. etc., etc. It's not too late.....call your doctor to start things moving. Therapy can help you too. Do you have a family member or social worker who can help you ....... No shame in asking for help. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

SandieMc49
on 2/16/15 9:34 pm
On February 16, 2015 at 7:24 PM Pacific Time, ricky911 wrote:

Im a new person to this website,was searching for people to talk with about being obese, a quick thing about me. 50yr/m/520pds, ive reached my limit, all i think of now adays is how to end my life,im tired of living like this, ive been sick for many years,heart attack,blood clots,copd, etc..ive just got to the point were im unable to walk more then ten steps because my legs dont want to support my weight and my heart races.

Ricky - do NOT give up!  Like the other posters said; get to a doctor and then make an appointment with a therapist.  You need the support and outlet for your goals and feelings.  This whole, big journey starts with just one step.  Take it, please - take it now.  Let us know how you are doing, okay?

Sandie

Cathy W.
on 2/17/15 12:09 am

Hi Ricky,

I'm so glad that you posted so we can support you.  The OH community is full of members that understand and have been where you are.

Don't give up!  You can lose weight and have a healthier life.  

Have you decided to have weight loss surgery?  Have you met with a surgeon?  I encourage you to talk to a therapist that will help you with how you're feeling.  Having a professional as part of your support will be the best investment you can make in yourself.  Please consider us as your support too.  Continue to post so we can be here for you.

Take care, Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Pokemom
on 2/17/15 1:41 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Ricky, My heart ached to read your message.  Sometimes life seems too much, but it is always worth living.  There are always people who love you.  I am relatively new to this board, but I know it is a place where you can get support and empathy. 

Please take steps to keep yourself safe.  Please find a mental health therapist if you can, or a trusted friend to talk with.  Seek friends here as well.  I think weight-loss surgery could help you like it is helping many of us.

Kathy S.
on 2/17/15 1:52 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Ricky,

We all understand what you are going through and we are here for you.  As long as there is breath in our bodies we have hope. Granted sometimes that breath is harder to take in than others but we have to keep trying.

We are not sure where you are with your journey so here are some suggestions on getting started.

We suggest you research all your options for WLS and OH is the right place for that.  Once you have reviewed your options surgery wise and decided on one then your next step is to find a surgeon.  We can help you with that.     ​​ Here are some links that will be helpful in your research.

​If you have not done so, contact your insurance company and verify if they cover WLS and if so what procedures.​  If you have Medicaid and or Medicare, contact them to verify if they cover WLS, if so, what procedures and if there are any pre-surgery qualifications you have to meet.  Ask for a list of surgeons in your area that take your insurance then we can assist you with contacting those surgeons on your behalf to get you started on your journey!  

Let us know if you need anything else.  You can reach me by PM'ing me or at [email protected]

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Member Services
on 2/17/15 4:20 am - Irvine, CA

We were notified about your post by very concerned board members.  We'd like to encourage you to seek out help as soon as possible.  Often times feelings like this are temporary, but sometimes someone needs a professional to help them deal with their emotions.  We urge you to visit the National Suicide & Crisis website for numbers in your local area of professionals who are trained to help people in crisis.Their website is located here: 

http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html

Or call the USA National Suicide Hotlines toll-free 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
 1-800-SUICIDE   (1-800-784-2433)  - or - 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

We hope you seek out any help you may need at this pivotal time in your life and let us know you're doing ok.  Your fellow ObesityHelp members are worried about you. 

Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

ObesityHelp

Pokemom
on 2/19/15 1:33 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi, Ricky!  I wondered how you are doing?