Has Anyone Made the Recipe on the Cover page in O H? Raspberry Cream Cheese BLack...

huskergalWsD
on 2/14/15 12:48 am

I made this last night and not too happy. Though its a healthy treat and still tastes ok. What I made, did not come out like Brownie texture. Came out more like a Cake Texture. Brownies are suppose to have a very very moist texture not like a Cake Texture.. I was surprised the recipe did not call for any Oil. I copied this exactly how it was posted here. It seemed to turn out just like a cake texture not a brownie texture.

Is this still Brownies Or is it A Cake? Would it have had more of a moist texture had I added Oil? Im sure it would have . Then maybe it may have not baked throughly. I will try again next year for Valentines Day. My boyfriend will still enjoy them, Just Not happy with the results when I copied the recipe like it is posted. Did anyone make this recipe too? what was it like if you did?

Happy Valentine's Day ...PeaceV & Love..Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

White Dove
on 2/15/15 12:13 am - Warren, OH

Recipes like this are supposed to remind you of the real thing, not be the real thing.  The baked goods we are used to need flour, sugar, and oil to get the proper texture.  This is a substitute to create something that is like a browne.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

losing_the_band
on 2/15/15 3:25 pm
Revision on 08/27/15

That sounds like it would be a huge risk, IMO.  It wouldn't actually satisfy a craving, just make me crave the real thing even more, whi*****reases the likelihood of breaking and eating the real thing. 

To be honest, I've never understood why people do that to themselves. 

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

White Dove
on 2/15/15 9:37 pm - Warren, OH

Because of type 2 diabetes the real thing was not an option for me.  I had to learn to eat and like the substitutes or face blindness or losing my legs

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

losing_the_band
on 2/15/15 9:49 pm
Revision on 08/27/15

For me, it would be a lot easier to stay away from stuff like that entirely than to have something that didn't satisfy the craving, unless I'd gotten to the point where I thought the replacement was better than the original. Then again, I'd rather have a SoyJoy bar than a chocolate bar, and I can't stand protein bars that are supposed to taste like candy.

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

Kathy S.
on 2/15/15 12:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Try this recipe again and use other healthy alternatives for the consistency you are looking for. Our EggFace does a great job with her recipes.  Check her posts out and also check out the recipe forum here on OH.

EggFace

Recipe Forum

hollykim
on 2/15/15 5:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 14, 2015 at 8:48 AM Pacific Time, huskergalWsD wrote:

I made this last night and not too happy. Though its a healthy treat and still tastes ok. What I made, did not come out like Brownie texture. Came out more like a Cake Texture. Brownies are suppose to have a very very moist texture not like a Cake Texture.. I was surprised the recipe did not call for any Oil. I copied this exactly how it was posted here. It seemed to turn out just like a cake texture not a brownie texture.

Is this still Brownies Or is it A Cake? Would it have had more of a moist texture had I added Oil? Im sure it would have . Then maybe it may have not baked throughly. I will try again next year for Valentines Day. My boyfriend will still enjoy them, Just Not happy with the results when I copied the recipe like it is posted. Did anyone make this recipe too? what was it like if you did?

Happy Valentine's Day ...PeaceV & Love..Wendy

it is all perspective. Some ppl think a brownie should be cake like. Maybe the person who created the recipe likes cake like brownies.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/15/15 8:33 am - OH

There are cake-like brownies and there are fudgy brownies.  Both are brownies.

There are very light, airy cakes like angel food cakes... there are very dense cakes like pound cakes or fruitcakes... then there are your run of the mill medium density cakes like birthday cakes. All are cakes.

Just cross off "brownie" in the recipe title and call it a "chocolate-like black bean sheet cake", for crying out loud...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ladygodiva1228
on 2/15/15 10:19 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I don't know about this recipe, but a guy at work used to bring in black bean brownies and they were the bomb.  I swear I was eating a regular brownie.  I know his wife did add unsweetened cocoa to the recipe, but she also used no oils or other typical brownie items.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl