Problems with severe Flatulence

Valerie G.
on 2/17/15 11:34 pm, edited 2/17/15 11:34 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm a corporate trainer, so yeah, I work with groups of people, and I'm standing in the front of the room. I'm happy to say I've never had an embarrassing moment, but I'm very careful.   I'm 9 yrs out from DS, and hopefully I can help with my guidelines.  I usually suffer the effects of what I eat within a couple of hours, so I guage my eating there.

1. No new foods at work...especially any carbs or sweetners, until you know how they affect you.  Do you vetting when you're home.
  2. Be wary of artificial sweeteners - especially those ending in "tol".  They are major gas producers.
  3. No flours or sugars within 2 hrs of going in public (or in my case, teaching a class)
  4. No onions or terriyaki within 2 hrs of class (big triggers for me), but these days - pretty much NEVER
  5. Nothing made with straight milk (pudding, ice cream, etc) - I have adverse effects from milk.
  6. Eat daily yogurt to keep flora population balanced. 

If you're experiencing gas and bloating constantly no matter what, pay special attention to #6, for your bowels could be unbalanced.  Some take daily probiotic pills to keep this constant.  I do fine with yogurt.  Some have to wipe out the population all together with an antibiotic and repopulate their bacteria.

I also recommend keeping a food diary if you're fairly new.  It took me years to identify triggers and am still taken by surprise once in a while. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes