New to OH - Introducing Myself

CanadianDisney
on 2/16/15 8:06 am - Canada

Hey Everyone!

I just want to do a quick introduction as I'm sure I'm going to be on these forums for the next long while and I hope to get to know you all.

The standard story I'm sure you've all heard before. I've struggled with my weight all of my life. Being 207 at 12 years old and currently at 330 pounds. I will be 38 in March and have decided to no longer accept things the way they are.

I live in Calgary, Alberta and am going through the weight management program for Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.  It has been a year since I started the program and I hope to have a surgery date by the end of the year.

I have taken all of the nutrition classes required as part of the program and a few that are optional. I have had an Upper GI test, echocardiogram and several appointments with the nutritionist and psychologist. 

A few weeks ago the program contacted me to make sure I was still interested in surgery and to schedule a case management appointment. That appointment is for March 25th.  I hope the next step will be a meeting with the surgeon.

I look forward to sharing my journey and supporting and learning from yours.

Linda

Bette B.
on 2/16/15 10:47 am

Hi, Linda! Welcome! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Cathy W.
on 2/17/15 12:20 am

Hi Linda!  Welcome to the OH community.  Best of luck to you at your 3/25 appointment.

You can check out the VSG forum too.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!