Plateau? How long?

rnecsoi
on 2/16/15 12:19 am

Hi, I am 5 weeks after sleeve gastrectomy and I haven't lost anything last week, just up and down a pound or two.  I was waiting for the plateau since I have lost very fast about 30 lbs and I am telling myself to be patient, however since I also failed the lap band before I am getting anxious that this is going to be another failure. Have any of you out there gone through these episodes, can you share any words of advice? Maybe there is a post like mine somewhere but it's impossible to find, as there is no way to do a search. Thank you for any responses!

Valerie G.
on 2/16/15 1:04 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Plateaus usually last a couple of weeks.  It's your body readjusting.  This will occur several times as you're losing, so don't fret about it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Cathy W.
on 2/16/15 1:14 am

Plateaus are normal.  Your body is adjusting from losing 30 pounds quickly.  Be patient.  You'll have more plateaus so don't get frustrated and get off track.  They are part of the process.  When you're on a plateau, notice how your clothes are fitting and how your body looks. During a plateau, usually your body and clothes will show the loss when the scale doesn't.  Keep on track and you'll do fine.  

You can perform searches on OH.  At the top blue nav bar, left to "MY OH" is a looking glass symbol.  Click on it to conduct searches.

Outlast your plateau!  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Willie H.
on 2/16/15 1:48 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Wow, you're talking to the "Plateau King" here! I've been on quite a few in just my almost 6 month journey. I've also gained a couple lbs or so here and there but as the veterans mentioned, my clothes fit better and the weight eventually drops again.

I was injured, could not work out like I wanted to and I even got into bad habits for about a week or so and gained 4 lbs! I did get back on track but altogether-although admittedly some self-induced-I had not lost weight for about 5 weeks! Yet, the funny thing was that yesterday I put on a suit that six weeks ago fit me snugly, and yesterday it just hung on me!!? So go figure? Just do as these experience ones say and hang in there. Work the program, try not to deviate as I did and the weight AND inches will fall!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

rnecsoi
on 2/16/15 5:18 am

Thank you all for your replies, it's really encouraging to 'talk' to people who are going through the same difficulties. There is a general misconception that once you get the WLS, everything is smooth sailing, and we are just a bunch of people lacking will power...it's frustrating, because most of the time we are judged by persons who never dealt with weight issues....talk about smooth sailing...I know, I know, life's not fair...Anyway, thanks again and as I am navigating through the different issues posted on this site, I'm sure I will found myself more and more vocal, hopefully getting to help others get to write their own success stories!