Timelines

Monz
on 2/14/15 10:04 pm

I have my surgeon teleconference on March 6. I was hoping someone could suggest to me how much time is between that and when you start the optifast diet. I know the optifast diet will be two weeks so this will give me an approximation of when my surgery will be. 

Valerie G.
on 2/14/15 11:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Teleconference?   This is new.

It took a good 3 mos to complete all the required pre-approval appointments before they submitted to insurance.  Insurance approved me in 10 days (but promise an answer withing 30 days).  Once you get approval, the rest depends on the surgeon's calendar.  My procedure was scheduled for 6 weeks later.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Monz
on 2/14/15 11:53 pm

The teleconference is because the surgery is done in a city 4 hrs away. Only steps left for me pre op is meeting the surgeon, then optifast diet. The surgery is covered as I'm from Canada so no insurance is required. 

Thank you for your reply, it gives me a good approximation. 

Curves-r-us
on 2/15/15 12:03 am

Hi Monz,

The timeline is unique to every surgeon. which province are you in? Your surgeon? I ask because someone on the forum may have already passed through the process with your surgeon and can maybe give you a clearer idea. 

I'm in Canada as well (Montreal) and i had to wait 6 months after my consultation with the surgeon. It can be longer or shorter depending. I get the impression wait times in each province vary greatly.

Best of luck on your journey!

Elsie

Carpe diem 

Monz
on 2/15/15 7:46 am

I'm in Ontario. Toronto is where I'll have the surgery. Dr urbach.