Jobs with insurance that cover wls

katherine14
on 2/14/15 10:52 am

I am on two insurance plans currently. I started the 3 month process that was required by my insurance 3 months ago and just went to submit to insurance this past Wednesday. Well it turns out my policy changed and now it's not covered...so now I don't know what to do. I called the clinic I've been going to for the past 3 months for weight monitoring and everything else and they don't offer really anything. Their only option was to get a loan for 26,000 and pay for it up front. I just graduated college and have other debt so this isn't an option for me. I read a couple articles that said that Starbucks and Home Depot cover wls. I was wondering if anyone knew if that was true or had any information on places that do cover it. I'm in the Ohio area. Thanks in advance. 

Valerie G.
on 2/14/15 11:25 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Yes it's true.  You have to work at Starbucks for 6 mos before you get insurance, from what I remember...but that was before Obamacare.  Much may have changed.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

White Dove
on 2/15/15 12:15 am - Warren, OH

When you start the process with insurance coverage, be aware that employers usualy make plan changes in January and let the surgeon know that the process must be completed while your current policy is in effect.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NYMom222
on 2/15/15 8:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

My son worked at Starbucks for awhile as a second job just for the health insurance for him and his family. He said it was good insurance BC/BS I think. The good thing about Starbucks is you do not have to work full time to get the insurance.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save