Keeping a food diary on MyFitnessPal

KITTIES123
on 2/14/15 8:20 am

I have been having trouble syncing the both of them is there something special that I have to have or do to get them to link together

thallnc
on 2/14/15 8:24 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

Are you using your phone to display both apps? Is so, what phone do you have?

KITTIES123
on 2/14/15 8:41 am

yes I am using my phone to display both items,  I have a Samsung galaxy 5

thallnc
on 2/14/15 10:15 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

I have an iPhone 6 but maybe if you log on to a computer to your MFP account and go to the APPS section and make sure the Fitbit Tracker is Installed. I believe that is what I did to make it work. Hope this helps!

White Dove
on 2/13/15 8:29 pm - Warren, OH

I would advise you to also buy a binder with zipper and shoulder strap in a color that you love.  Set up the binder with index tabs and sections for what you will need to track.  Mine has my food diaries, appointments, lab reports, recipes, pictures, and notes.  I have a notebook that is three ring punched and a little pouch for pens, pencils, highlighters, etc.  I also have a bunch of clear sheet protectors for pictures and things that I don't want to three hole punch.

Everything is in one place and the zipper keeps things from falling out.  I print out my food diaries for appointments and know where everything is.  When I have an appointment I just grab my binder and go.

Paper work has a way of getting misplaced.  This gave everything a home and I now have over seven years of records in one handy spot.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Phyllispil
on 2/14/15 4:50 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/16/15

Your organization is impressive.  Nice!

Atlanta_Forever
on 2/13/15 8:44 pm
VSG on 03/17/14

I love MFP!

shrinkthatgirl
on 2/13/15 10:54 pm

I love MFP! So handy with the phone app and the fact that I can choose which days I can print out and bring to my doctor. Good luck using it!

Willie H.
on 2/14/15 2:00 am
VSG on 08/26/14

"I also love that it gave me a range of calories to shoot for each day in order to lose 1 pound a week"

I enjoy MyFitness Pal also it is a great tool and I journal every meal and subscribe to the mantra: 'if you take a bite-make sure you write, if even a taste, record in haste!' but keep in mind that it does not take WLS into account. According to it if I eat only 1200 Calories a day I should lose about 2 lbs a week and be down about 10 lbs every 5 weeks, yet I can only eat about 800-1000 calories a day, if I go up to 1200 calories I actually will gain weight as I've done since WLS a few weeks ago. So while the journaling is good, helpful and contributes to weight loss, accountability and health-especially for one who has not has WLS, for those of us who have-although it is still helpful, it does not take into account WLS and is not completely accurate. Yet, I love writing down what I eat, it does make me accountable and also helps me to know what I need to cut down on or even can add. Also it helps me realize how fast food can add up!! One protein shake (160 cal) and a protein bar (190 cal) each day equals 350 calories, basically 1/3 of my daily dietary intake! Also although the exercise calories burned are not accurate, still-again it makes me accountable and I try to burn at least 1/2 of the calories I think I an digesting.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

alaskasusan
on 2/14/15 4:16 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I'm not quite up to Grim's level 😉 but am closing in on a 500 day streak for MFP as it is the simplest for me to keep using, plus I like the charting, etc. It took a bit to get used to it scolding at day's end for not eating enough - it does not take bariatrics into the equation but that doesnt matter since I just use it to track. Do use the recipe builder too ... And until you build your food list always double check the info...some entries were entered by users and have errors. Also BE AWARE that many of the exercises are way over on calorie burn ... Just be aware, but you probably don't plan to eat back those calories anyway right!? Good luck in your endeavors!