I know it's normal and to be expected, but

Poodlemac
on 2/13/15 12:42 am
RNY on 09/26/14

why are my feet and hands like blocks of ice??  Frozen all the time!!

Han Shot First
on 2/13/15 1:08 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

It seems like it's a combination of less fat to keep you warm, and changes in your hormones after surgery.  I actually had to switch to down booties because my regular slippers weren't keeping my feet warm enough.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Tracy D.
on 2/13/15 1:30 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

In order to generate heat your body burns these things in the following order:  carbs, protein, fat.  Once you severely limit your carbs the body is forced to turn to protein and fat to generate energy ie. heat.  

Guess what?  It takes a LOT longer to break down protein and fat....so it takes your body longer to generate heat.

When I complain of the cold now my husband will jokingly say, "Go eat a cookie!"  and we laugh about it.  Because I've proven the fact over and over that if I eat simple carbs I get warm real fast - lol!   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

cspotrun
on 2/13/15 11:57 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I guess that makes sense because I have been freezing for months...and I grew up in Boston.  I'm hardier than this!

Karen   

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/13/15 4:30 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Get used to it.  I have to run the floor heater in my office all day long.  It's 85 degrees outside and I'm freezing.  I used to be the person always hot and sweaty.  Now the only time I get hot is when a hot flash hits me 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/13/15 5:30 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I used to think that maybe because I had too much fat maybe my body couldn't regulate my body temperature properly, like if there was too much of me to warm up. Then when I lost a good chunk of weight I still couldn't get warm! My co workers always teased me how hot the control room would be when they came in. Now I have an electric blanket. Hate all this cold weather, bring on summer!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Poodlemac
on 2/13/15 11:32 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Very interesting!  The carb thing makes sense because I was a sweaty mess before. Blech.  I had a couple of mints today and was warm. Wonder if that was why?  Well, it's ok. I'd rather be cold than hot!!  Thanks yall!

Kiwideb
on 2/14/15 5:25 am
VSG on 01/19/15

I was expecting this... After 60pds or so, maybe 100, not at 30 lost! It's been very strange for me. Strange indeed! I had to go buy socks!!

And I'm going to have to go buy fluffier ones this weekend!