Share your NSVs (Non-Scale Victories) and WOW Moments

swimbikerun
on 2/18/15 8:44 am

You can do it! It was only a sprint triathlon. You don't have to be fast, just able to swim, then bike and run. My legs were hurting at the run, but I made it through. I walked most all of it.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

Eggface
on 2/20/15 1:25 am - Sunny Southern, CA

This still thrills me...

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Dolphingirl1385
on 2/20/15 1:55 am

I am taking a trip to Texas this summer and flying.....looking forward to that one as well. Last time I flew I barely fit in the seat and had to hold my breathe to get the seatbelt fastened (I refused to ask for an extender). I swore then and there I would never fly again until I could fit comfortably in the seat. Congrats!

DS on June 13, 2014 with Ara Keshishian

Cathy W.
on 2/20/15 2:39 am

That's a wonderful NSV and a pic that says a 1000 words about your successful WLS journey.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Dolphingirl1385
on 2/20/15 1:52 am

I had an aha moment a few weeks ago.  While getting my weekly massage, I realized that my arms were by my side with room leftover on each side, rather than hanging off the side like they used to prior to surgery.  I smiled and giggled to myself. Also, sitting in the seats and "fitting" when I take my grandson to hockey games. Yay! 

DS on June 13, 2014 with Ara Keshishian

Cathy W.
on 2/20/15 2:40 am

Those are two great NSVs.  It is fun when you're just going through your normal things to do and have that "aha" moment you get with a NSV.  

Way to go!!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Thebiggestloser
on 2/21/15 1:09 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I bought my first pair of pants from a store other than lane bryant in 10 years!!!

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/21/15 1:36 am, edited 2/21/15 1:39 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

For the first time in my life Women look at me and don't make a disgusted face...LOl... JK... I now can wear compression shirts at the gym and to top it off I now wear a medium size as well... If I tried that at three hundred pounds I would have looked like Shamu trying to stick his head in a can of sardines...LOL

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

Bansheefaerie
on 2/22/15 2:05 pm
RNY on 09/25/14

I've known my husband for almost 15 years. I've always weighed more than him. A couple months ago when I weighed in less than him I got so excited I jumped up in the air cheering. I wacked my hand on the door frame and really hurt myself lol. Now I'm a good 30 lbs less than him! 

HW 298.6 - Consultation weight 289.6 - SW 267.6 - CW 239.4  

~ Laura

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/15 3:33 pm

Not being able to find pants that fit because they didn't carry size 0.  I've never worn a 0 in my life.