Fat and Back

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/11/15 6:53 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I wonder if they'd do a show like smoking & back, or drinking & back, or drugs & back. Yep get good & addicted then shrug it off after 6 months. Bet they'd change their tune then!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Pegasus_AM
on 2/11/15 7:12 pm

Better comparison gain 80lbs and leave it on for 10-15 years and then try to get it off ??? Let's see how she makes out then ???

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Kate -True Brit
on 2/11/15 9:00 pm - UK

Katie Hopkins has only occasionally appeared on my radar as I don'****ch shows like the things she appears on.  But she isn't really a major player on anything. She probably thinks she is! But she is not someone who has any influence on anything or anyone,  someone above said she was a UK version of a "shock jock" but from what I understand aboit US shock jocks, she is very much less well-known! She doesn't have any sort of "following". 

But from the little I know, she IS an opinionated person wth some very unpleasant snd bigoted views. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/11/15 9:07 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Yup I think you hit the nail on the head there. She is looking for her 15 minutes.

NanfromSan
on 2/12/15 4:35 am
VSG on 12/09/14

You can't compare a food addict to a non-addict.  It doesn't matter if she gained 200 pounds and kept it on for 5 years.  If her brain is wired to be addicted to food, gaining will be easy and losing hard.  The fact she had so much trouble gaining 50 pounds (when most of us can gain that without trying, in less than 6 months) shows that she is comparing apples to oranges.

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

catalina07
on 2/13/15 12:50 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Here is my two cents on this awful show.  This woman sat and ate all day long. She did nothing but eat to put on weight...and then was told she would have to eat even MORE! I personally never ate as much as she did in a single day and I don't believe anyone really does! Her experience is completely false as far as being only 50lbs overweight and eating ALL THAT GARBAGE! What she doesnt get, is that people can eat far less than that and still be 50lbs (and more) overweight. If I was forced to eat as much as she did, i'd probably cry too! Also, she was starting in a much more healthy place...making it MUCH easier for her to lose it again right away. She was looking for an authentic "fat" experience (and to prove a point) but she definitely did not get it...she just got a teeny, tiny, tip of the iceburg PEEK. 

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Lisarn1
on 2/13/15 11:20 pm - Raleigh, NC

Haha! I have no intention of following that show. My first thought when I saw this was, "hopefully she can't lose it as successfully as she thinks!" I know that's really mean, but seriously! If you have never had issues with weight management, whether it be food addiction, stress eating, or one of the many metabolic disorders affecting millions of people, then her "will power", or whatever she plans to prove, will not hit home with her. She will most likely never understand. As for Epilepsy, she  and others like herwon't see the connection.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs